PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Trowbridge

Obzy
27-10-07, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone :)

Just about run-in my Z750 and am hoping to get out and about in the near future.

Recently returned to riding after a break of about three years. Have always liked the Zs and couldn't resist any longer when the '07 was released. Would have loved a Z1000, but took the sensible route back and opted for the 750 until I get all of the rust dusted off. Anyway, it's not exactly slow and she does make me grin once she gets past 6000rpm ;)

I would class my riding style as 'liking to make good progress', although I do take it a bit easier now because I have a five month-old daughter (see pic of her attached, wearing one of my snoods as a natty hat).

I have two spare sets of kit, including lids, gloves and boots - so if there's anyone out there who doesn't ride yet and would like to see what it's like - or anyone who would just like to join a group on a rideout - give me a shout and you can hop on the back :)

Have a decent garage space to work in and plenty of tools too, so if anyone doesn't have their own garage, or needs somewhere dry to do a bit of work, you know what to do. If you're lucky, my other half may even make you a cuppa :)

Will be riding up to the Red Lion in Avebury most Wednesdays and apparently there's a new meet happening on Friday night at the Black Horse on the Frome road.

Ride safe people and have fun.

Bluemerlin
28-10-07, 01:38 AM
Welcome, welcome :)

There's a few offers there that I may like to take up in the future :)

Dabz
28-10-07, 12:02 PM
welcome to wiltshire bikers mate, thanks for the generous offers! hope to see you out and about :D

Ghost
28-10-07, 05:45 PM
Welcome from another local resident

Obzy
29-10-07, 02:46 AM
ta for the welcome guys - lets hope we get a day or two of relative dryness soon :/

Kevinb
29-10-07, 09:48 AM
The Black Horse meet is no more. A few of us are still there on a Friday night for a pint or two if you fancy popping up.

Cheers

Kev

Say hello if you see me around Trowbridge. (a bearded 300lb monster on an MT-01 or Bonneville)

FJ_Biker
29-10-07, 01:36 PM
Hello Obzy hope you are keeping well

Obzy
29-10-07, 11:14 PM
Hiya mate - not too bad ta.

Hoping to get out for a ride in the next couple of weeks, so I'll give you a shout when I do :) - Will probably have to be on a weekend sometime, as leave for work when it's dark - get home from work when it's dark - baaah - you know how it is. Ah well.

Amante_271
30-10-07, 08:01 AM
Hi ya Ozby.

Welcome to the mad house. Looks like you should fit right in!! ;D

Obzy
30-10-07, 11:52 PM
Thanks mate - maybe we should all have a Sunday meet at Avebury in the next few weeks, so I can meet up with you guys in person. We can all stand in the freezing car park, smoking rollies, drinking coke and trying not to make it too obvious that we're busting for a piddle :)

Amante_271
31-10-07, 08:47 AM
Thanks mate - maybe we should all have a Sunday meet at Avebury in the next few weeks, so I can meet up with you guys in person. We can all stand in the freezing car park, smoking rollies, drinking coke and trying not to make it too obvious that we're busting for a piddle :)
LOL!! Sounds like fun.... right up to the last bit!!! (I did hear there are some big stones you can pop behind tho if your REALLY desparate!!) :o ;D

kwik
31-10-07, 04:31 PM
ello from another zed here ... just read your comments about Fowlers, we often ride there for the cafe and talking rubbish so will keep an eye out :)

Obzy
31-10-07, 11:18 PM
excellent! I'll post again when I know I'll definately be about. Helping my Mum move this weekend, so will be driving a van around - oh joy.

So, if you pass a white van man between Bristol and Trowbridge over the weekend, look for the give-aways that it's me. ie: doing things that no other van driver does - staying back, moving over so you can pass and giving the nod if you're coming the other way :)

Funny - still nod even if I'm on four wheels - kind of an involuntary thing. Do get some odd looks though, lol.

Ghost
01-11-07, 12:21 AM
excellent! I'll post again when I know I'll definately be about. Helping my Mum move this weekend, so will be driving a van around - oh joy.

So, if you pass a white van man between Bristol and Trowbridge over the weekend, look for the give-aways that it's me. ie: doing things that no other van driver does - staying back, moving over so you can pass and giving the nod if you're coming the other way :)

Funny - still nod even if I'm on four wheels - kind of an involuntary thing. Do get some odd looks though, lol.

I know what you mean - habit dies hard!

Amante_271
01-11-07, 07:24 AM
I know what you mean - habit dies hard!

ME too! Thank God Im not alone! Does that mean I DONT need theropy after all?? ;)

Ghost
01-11-07, 08:38 AM
ME too! Thank God Im not alone! Does that mean I DONT need theropy after all?? ;)

Sadly Amante, you are not alone.... However I never said that you did not need therapy! :-?

igbell
01-11-07, 11:30 AM
Well apart from the time you saw his nervous twitch that was.

kwik
01-11-07, 08:36 PM

Dunno ... you may not need theropy, but therapy may help :D

It's a sad day when one looks at filtering lines in a car :-?

Amante_271
02-11-07, 09:33 AM
:( :'( Back to the THERAPY clinic (aka The Home for the moderately bewildered!) for me then....

Nurse, can I have my nice warm jacket please...

the one with the sleeves that do up round the back!!

Just had a thought!!! :o Probably be seeing you guys & gals back down there!! :) :D :) I feel so much better now!!! Lol!!