PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Inland Waterways

Rich86
07-11-07, 12:11 PM
Hey, Your probably all thinking Eh?~! inland what, Well My Names Rich, and im a 21 year old male from The South west, hailing from a town called Devizes, who has just recently discovered his thirst for all things propelled from a 2nd wheel.

Inland Waterways?

I have just recenlty given up the land lovers life for something a bit less Kennet council friendly and have opted to live on the water on my 27ft Dawncraft' Bess. She sleeps 4; and now i've made the transition, and im sat typing this now from my mooring, i would not go back to live in council or private tenant 'on land life'.

The Bike

As i said i'm new ro the game, and while my motorbike isn't going to blow any of you away, its defo been a good bike to initiate my love of Motorcycles.

She is a Racing Red Chopper/cruiser style Kawasaki Eliminator BN125, She has a low seating position and a very comfortable feet forward riding position.

Shes a 2001 motorbike, but has had careful ownership, and i intend to keep up the tradition. After riding a cruiser and then getting my taste of a Honda VTF 400, i've decided i prefer the classic approach to biking.

I've joined this site to make friends, friends like to share experience, waffle, drink, talk some more and ride the open road. Hopefully we're not a bunch of Elitests that look down at a 125 displacement as a disadvantage but as a good motorcycle and a stepping stone into a grand tradition of Riding. ;)

Kevinb
07-11-07, 02:21 PM
Hello from Trowbridge

It doesn't matter what people ride - Your on two wheels and obviously enjoying it.
Living on a boat sounds great. The most I've done is one/two weeks along the Thames (excellent) & Norfolk Broads (boring)
Where do you pick up a boat? Do they have yards with lines of 'for sale' boats?

Cheers

Kev

Ghost
07-11-07, 11:32 PM
Hi and welcome.

As far as I'm concerned if it has 2 wheels and an engine we are all on the same side [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I have also been known to startle L plates & small fry bikes by nodding at them!

igbell
07-11-07, 11:56 PM
Hello and welcome from a Swindon rider.

Pardon Ghost??? you nod at L Plates, wouldnt it be better to nod at the rider??
Never mind you might end up in the loony bin with me and Amante....Hee Hee

Obzy
08-11-07, 02:08 AM
Hi mate

Everyone starts somewhere and you're starting in a better place than I did! My first bike was a Suzuki ER50, lol. Followed by a Honda CG125, then a break for a while, next was a Suzuki SV650 - which said hello to the back of a Mini :/ - Now on my Z750 - I'm in love - she sooo nice!

Anyways, welcome and look forward to meeting you buddy! :)

BoatingBiker
08-11-07, 09:49 PM
At last a fellow boater and biker.....Hello

Your posting encouraged me to make my first posting

My wife and I have a share in a 58ft narrowboat , currently based near Braunston and a newish Triumph Bonneville in the garage for more regular weekend and summer evening cruising, often visiting the canals around Crofton and Devizes by bike.

Where are you moored, bridge number is fine is you don't want to advertise to all and we'll keep an eye out for you

Kevinb
09-11-07, 09:40 AM
I started on an Suzuki AP50 (with a custom paint job!) follwoed by a Honda SS50 plus other strange and wonderful 50's. I then went onto a CB125 followed by an MZ125. The rest they say is history.
The good old days

Cheers

From a now feeling very old 40 something

FJ_Biker
09-11-07, 01:02 PM
Hello Rich86

Dabz
18-11-07, 12:13 PM
welcome to both new members :) sounds pretty idyllic living on a boat! Enjoy the bike too - engine size makes no difference!

Amante_271
22-11-07, 10:21 PM
Never mind you might end up in the loony bin with me and Amante....Hee Hee
>:( OI!!!! >:( I resemble that remark!!! (Nursie said so!!)

Hi ya mate. I love the 125s as well! Many a happy hour was spent racing persueing?evading them on my GP100 & RS100 before that!

All the best and welcome to the home for the moderately bewildered!!

Andrew (Also feeling older than my 43years!! SH*T am I really THAT old!!! Where did the time go???)

Rich86
23-11-07, 04:07 AM
lol hey Amante, firstly, as any smart arse early 20's young man is within there right to do, im going to correct you, rather then saying resemble, i think you mean't you recent that comment ;)

And yeah, my 125 serves me well, it gets me from A to B and even to C sometimes :-? lol ;D I love biking, i think i may eventually go for my full motorcycle category, it would be rude not to, and i hope to see more of you in the spring, i ride all year round, and to prove just how dedicated, if you can remember how bad out it was on tuesday, i was out in that weather between Devizes and avebury in the thick of it at 3:30, you will see me and my Friend Pete about alot more as you start to re-emerge from the woodwork as the weather betters ( i know some of you only ride in the better weather, and i don't blame you if you are hard working enough to own a car 2) or just so old that ur insurance isn't a wage killer lol--

As for boating, well i love everything about it, its a serene alternative to blasting down the roads at a modest 70 (downhill lol) or from the work i do with people with dementia, Contrasts work, and it is definitely that keeps the balance.

what am i here for, i want to meet more like minded people who ride, if you fall into a 50, 100, 125, 750, 1000 class, if i can keep up with you, i will ride with you lol.

My good friend Pete rides a Kawasaki Ninja, and we manage ;)

Would be nice to meet you guys, so heads up this spring :)

Amante_271
23-11-07, 09:13 AM
lol hey Amante, firstly, as any smart arse early 20's young man is within there right to do, im going to correct you, rather then saying resemble, i think you mean't you recent that comment ;)
:( No actually RESEMBLE was the correct word! :-[

igbell
23-11-07, 10:13 AM
These youngster he Amante, they just dont watch propper TV anymore...

Father_Ted
23-11-07, 11:46 PM
Hello there, do a bit of boating myself, live near devizes, will keep a look out for, i to ride all year round, just about to get myself a couple of winter hacks.