PDA

View Full Version : Thought it was about time....

F.B.
08-12-07, 11:38 AM
......that I said hello.

I live in Trowbridge and ride pillion on our Kwak zx9r, my hubby is on here somwhere (ninjasi) but doesn't get much time to post as he is always so busy! Hopefully that will change soon as we would both like to be able to spend a little time on here and hopefully have the opportunity to meet up with some of you guys.

I passed my CBT in October but the weather has been pants ever since so I haven't had much chance to get any practice in :(

We try to get out and about on the bike as much as we can together. We covered approx 10k miles together on it last year and want to try to get abroad next year.

Hope we get the chance to meet some of you soon.

Great site, keep up the good work

Jan

FJ_Biker
08-12-07, 08:41 PM
Hello F.B. and welcome to the site, good luck with the getting some practice in for the big day. Go for the abroad trip, I love riding round mainland with a fully loaded bike it puts a big smile on my face.

igbell
10-12-07, 10:52 AM
Hello and welcome FB, I agree with FJ, get out to the big land as it is great ridding on the other side of the lake.
I know the weather is bad but I say still get out there and play, when i did my CBT it was pissing it down and then I did a 3 day course before the big day and all of the days plus Pass day it was pissing it down as well. >:(
It does mean that when it comes to the dry days I find I think and ride a lot better as I had to learn in the crud weather. >:(

Good luck anyway on getting your test done. ;)

Kevinb
11-12-07, 09:41 AM
We live in Trowbridge. Look out for a big bearded chap on either a Bonneville or a Yamaha MT-01. This time of year I will probably be a sort of blue colour.
Me & my wife tend to ride all year.

Cheers

Kev

bobthecod
11-12-07, 11:57 AM
Hello FB, I am only down the road in Melksham and ride all year round just like Kev. I can often be seen going through Trowbridge especially at weekends on my Fazer Thou

Ghost
11-12-07, 04:00 PM
Hi and welcome from another all year biker :)

Bonnielass
11-12-07, 09:51 PM
Hi F.B., from another all year biker, I do try to pick the days that aren't too wet tho, rode to Bristol yesterday with the sun in my eyes! Does anyone else have the 'dazzle' problem and what do you do about it??

Kevinb
12-12-07, 09:57 AM
Rosie

You should have gone to Swindon instead and had the sun behind you!

Cheers
An ever helpful Kev

igbell
12-12-07, 10:39 AM
Yes I get that issue, I either wear shades or I have a little shade add in that I place in the skid lid that helps.
Or you could buy one of those skid lids that have the shades that come down inside, and pretend that you are a fighter pilot (top gun usic plays in the back ground).

Amante_271
13-12-07, 07:43 AM
Hi ya Sweetie & Welcome to the Mad house!!

Iggy has a point with the Top Gun thing..... tho when it comes to the whole "Take my breath away" thing, I find Tic-tacs help!!

Be-dum-dum-tish! ;D

igbell
13-12-07, 10:44 AM
:-? :-? Oh no Amante is off again.
Somebody help him.

Dabz
16-12-07, 12:45 PM
welcome to the forums :) I'm sort of trowbridge based :P hope to see you around!

Amante_271
16-12-07, 09:25 PM
:-? :-? Oh no Amante is off again.
Somebody help him.

Too late for that my friend ! WAY too late!! (W.E.G!!)