PDA

View Full Version : Well hullooooo!

weefrenchie
02-03-08, 12:00 PM
Hey there!

I've just moved to Wiltshire (Trowbridge) and own a Hornet 600cc 05 reg - I ride every day, rain or shine to commute and I love to go riding on weekends so hoping to meet some people to go riding with :)

Hope to meet some of you soon ;)

Ghost
02-03-08, 02:49 PM
Hi and welcome to WB!
All the best people live in the Trowbridge area [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
02-03-08, 05:06 PM
welcome to WB :D

FJ_Biker
03-03-08, 03:50 PM
Hello weefrenchie

Silverrider
07-03-08, 11:39 PM
Hello and welcome to WB

"I ride every day, rain or shine to commute and I love to go riding on weekends"

Way to go! Me too. I even sold the car a few months ago. Riding a bike to work is a great way to start the day :)

igbell
08-03-08, 06:31 PM
Hello and welcome

Amante_271
09-03-08, 12:53 AM
>:(Thats it, weve got those wine swilling slobs on here now!!! >:(

:o Oh, wait .... thats me nothing to do with those nice people over the other side of channel!! ::) :-X

In that case. Bonjour Monsieur Weefrenchie!! :-*

From one of the resident fools at the home for the moderately bewildered! :D

(Just a bit of fun mate... Welcome to WB!) 8-) :D

bobthecod
10-03-08, 12:01 AM
Bonjour weefrenchie

I am off to France on Friday for a day trip on the bike. Anybody you want me to say hello too? As long as its around the Calais area.

igbell
10-03-08, 11:31 AM
How much booze will you get on the Bike Bob?
Do you have panniers and topbox?
I have some you can borrow if you want (for a price of beer) ;)

bobthecod
10-03-08, 12:10 PM
Igbell

Thank you very much for your kind offer of the loan of panniers etc, but have already managed to source enough equipment for my journey Friday.

However it would be a pleasure to buy you a beer at some stage. :)

weefrenchie
12-04-08, 12:16 PM
Hey all,

sorry for the late reply, just about getting to grip on how to use the website! ;D

Thanks for all your messages, definitely makes me feel welcome here!

I have to clarify that I am a girl, French (that one was obvious) and I ride a white hornet, with black & white leathers (and there's a little bit of pink on the chest, back and arms) - if you see me about, wave! 8-)

I've had my hornet since Nov 06 and I've done around 16K miles with it - through the UK and even Spain and France - going away again for 17 days this summer, can't wait!

bobthecod how waas your trip to France?

Boyaghan I totally agree, I don't own a car and riding every morning and evening is the best way to start and finish the day! :)

sburv
12-04-08, 08:11 PM
Hi Weefrenchie,

Seems as though I'm a little late but welcome and I hope you enjoy it here.

Again I totally agree with both you and Boyaghan. I ride my ZX6R everyday to and from work and love it!! I actually enjoy going to work!! Now that’s saying something :)

Like I said I hope you enjoy it here, everyone is friendly enough and I hope to see you out and about soon.

weefrenchie
12-04-08, 10:02 PM
Thank you Calne Black Ninja! :)

There's some really nice roads around Calne (I assume that's where you live?) - maybe we could arrange for a few of us to meet up for a ride around there if you're up for it?
The sun's coming out again, need to enojy it! 8-)

Is your bike all fixed now?

sburv
12-04-08, 10:48 PM
Yeah sure sounds good to me. I'm always up for a meet or a ride out. I should get the fairing back monday then I'm all set. I can't wait!!

weefrenchie
12-04-08, 10:57 PM
Cool cool!
We'll have to sort something out for next week or weekend :)

I'm going to the Sally on Thursday with a friend, might see you there?

wingrider
12-04-08, 11:21 PM
Hi Weefrenchie. Welcome to WB. :)

sburv
13-04-08, 02:27 PM
I'm planning on being down the sally seeing as I wasn't there this week. Can't wait to get my fairing back tomorow so I can get back on the bike!!

weefrenchie
15-04-08, 04:23 PM
Have you got the fairing? Is it all fixed? :)

sburv
15-04-08, 06:17 PM
It was sent back to me on Friday morning via royal mail. It didn't arrive today and is really starting to get to me now fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'm I little worried that it may know have been lost :( >:( :(
Royal mail says that it has to be lost for 14 days before they do anything. The parcel is insured but that’s not the point I just want to get back on my bike!!!

weefrenchie
15-04-08, 07:10 PM
Oh noooo! Rubbish! :(

Fingers crossed, let's hope it arrives tomorrow... from past experience I'd say that Royal Mail are not so good at tracing lost parcels...

Not to rub it in but it's really quite nice riding around at the moment :)

sburv
15-04-08, 07:16 PM
I bet it is!! :( :(

I'll just have to sit and wait.... nevermind. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

weefrenchie
15-04-08, 09:16 PM
I will! :)

bobthecod
17-04-08, 12:33 AM
Frenchie,

The trip to france was mega, only a day trip though, but worth it. Went with 20 others from the XJR forum ( my brother has one ) the French have a very good etiquette towards bikers. 20 quid and that includes ferry, full english breeky and 6 bottles of wine, bargin if you ask me.

weefrenchie
17-04-08, 07:19 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to France bobthecod - 20 quid is definitely a bargain!! Where was the ferry from and to?

Yeah the French are really quite cool towards bikers - I went riding through France last year and it was really quite relaxing :)

weefrenchie
17-04-08, 07:20 AM
Hey Ninja, have you got your fairing yet?

sburv
17-04-08, 12:37 PM
It arrived this morning. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet because I had to go straight to work.

It should be alright, I'll put it on tonight when I get home to see how it looks

weefrenchie
17-04-08, 12:51 PM
Oooh! Excellent!! :D

So are you going to the Sally to show it off?

sburv
17-04-08, 12:55 PM
Lol more then likely yeah. I'll show you let you see what you think of it. As I said I ain't even looked at it myself yet. Just need a new nose now as I still have a crack in it, but I guess I can live with it for now.

weefrenchie
17-04-08, 12:58 PM
Sounds good! I'm not sure what time I'll get to the Sally, probably around 8/8:30

...wish I'd had time to clean my bike actually, he's a bit filthy :(

sburv
17-04-08, 01:03 PM
I think by the time I get home and get the bike sorted I aint going to get the much earlier. I'll keep an eye out for you.

weefrenchie
17-04-08, 01:09 PM
Yeah cool - this is gonna be my first bike meet so I might be a little shy ::)

Well, I was at the Sally last week with a friend and met Darren but the weather was crap so we didn't stay and there weren't many bikers there either :(

Bonnielass
17-04-08, 07:01 PM
Hey Weefrenchie, you don't sound like you would be shy but I think, going to somewhere new is always hard if you don't know anyone, but you have to if you want to meet people. As you live in Trow maybe we could meet up and ride there together sometime. I'm changing my night shift from Wed to Mon soon so I should be able to make it in a couple of weeks. :)

weefrenchie
18-04-08, 01:43 PM
Hi Rosie!
Yeah that sounds great :D
let me know when you want to go and we'll ride together :)