PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Buying Advice

steve
01-05-06, 05:28 PM
Hi,

Being new to the area an (according to my family) tight as the proverbial...Where's the most competitve for tyres in Swindon? I need a new rear tyre for the bandit and hate having to spend half the day on the phone to find the cheapest!

Cheers,
Steve

zebedee1984
01-05-06, 05:47 PM
I got a pretty good deal on some BT014 Battleaxe' at Tire Treads in Kembrey Park industrial estate.

Speak to Gav, he works there!

onfire23
01-05-06, 06:32 PM
Always has been my 1st choice for tyres and fitting in Swindon.
Yep got pair BT014's... there few weeks ago, plenty of tyre wieghts on rear no extra charge Lol...

zebedee1984
01-05-06, 06:35 PM
there a good set of tyres, not sure which I prefer out of the BTO14' and the Pirelli Diablo Corsa', but they do come at a premium.

onfire23
01-05-06, 06:51 PM
there a good set of tyres, not sure which I prefer out of the BTO14' and the Pirelli Diablo Corsa', but they do come at a premium.

I have ran with Diablo Corsa for several years, decide to go back to Battleaxe just for a change.

PR Diablo Corsa's does tend to suggest they're also a very good tyre.. Horses for courses I guess 8-)

zebedee1984
01-05-06, 07:28 PM
I have considered the Michelin Pilot powers, especially the new dual compound version, any knowledge on these, as it won't be long before I will be getting some new tyres again.

onfire23
01-05-06, 09:31 PM
Might be worth taking a look at manufactures recom for you motorcycle.

Sinz1000K3
01-05-06, 11:45 PM
Bike Treads btw:P

Gav
02-05-06, 08:19 AM
Will you listen to the 2speed gods there...lol
The Diablo corsa is the thack day version of the Diablo....
Bridgestone do the same with the BT014 its called the BT014ss....
THey are both very good tyres, but you should see more progressive feel and grip from the Corsa...and it should maitain its performance longer as it will diserpate the heat more efficantly...there tech bit over...lol

Oh Bike Treads for tyres....as you can read a few people swear by us, and to be fair i thnk we have the best reputation around as far as tyres go...

Number is 01793 615995

Gav

onfire23
02-05-06, 10:45 AM
THey are both very good tyres, but you should see more progressive feel and grip from the Corsa...and it should maitain its performance longer as it will diserpate the heat more efficantly...there tech bit over...lol

Oh Bike Treads for tyres....as you can read a few people swear by us, and to be fair i thnk we have the best reputation around as far as tyres go...

Number is 01793 615995

Gav

Apart from the Tw*T who brought in two loose spoke wheels off a Honda 750 Road Trallie jobbie...and insisted they put the tyres on the wrong way... always get one plonker, Opps sorry customer! ;D

BikeTreads BTW 8-)

zebedee1984
02-05-06, 12:11 PM
well there you go then and Gav called me a speed god, I didn't want to say anything myself of course, but hay, what can I say!

Always new he was a good lad.

Gav
02-05-06, 05:27 PM

Number is 01793 615995

Gav

Apart from the Tw*T who brought in two loose spoke wheels off a Honda 750 Road Trallie jobbie...and insisted they put the tyres on the wrong way... always get one plonker, Opps sorry customer! ;D

BikeTreads BTW 8-)
Ah ya always get that now and then, wasnt there that day as i dont remember you coming in so i cant comment, but normally with loose wheels and trail tyres we ask for the direction of rotaion to make sure they go on right 1st time.....and you will be amazed at how many people can get their wheels off but have no idea which way they go......

rex_the_sprocket
02-05-06, 07:09 PM
If you want tyres of the T'internet then look on eBay for the seller cheapbiketyres. £150 a pair delivered FOC.

Gav
02-05-06, 07:54 PM
If you want tyres of the T'internet then look on eBay for the seller cheapbiketyres. £150 a pair delivered FOC.
That is a good price actually....depending on what tyres it is for
Onlky advantage to going to a tyre shop is the advice they will be able to offer...
And although the price is good, you still have to add a fitting cost to that....we charge £25/tyre to fit to a bike and £15 to a loose wheel.....we have to make money somewhere if we dont sell the tyres...that does include balanceing aswell...

There are places that will fit them for next to nothing, but the majority of them are car tyre place, and iv seen some real kacked about rims as they dont really have the equipment for bike tyres.

Gav

rex_the_sprocket
02-05-06, 08:04 PM
Gav - the bike dealers in Ciren fit mine for £20 a pair to loose wheels. ;D

For online tyres try http://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/

Seem pretty cheap.......... :o

Gav
02-05-06, 08:08 PM
Gav - the bike dealers in Ciren fit mine for £20 a pair to loose wheels. ;D

For online tyres try http://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/

Seem pretty cheap.......... :o

Thats a good price toi loose wheels, we would charge £30 to do the same........but they would be quicker tyres if i fit them.....

onfire23
02-05-06, 09:06 PM
That is a good price actually....depending on what tyres it is for
Onlky advantage to going to a tyre shop is the advice they will be able to offer...
And although the price is good, you still have to add a fitting cost to that....we charge £25/tyre to fit to a bike and £15 to a loose wheel.....we have to make money somewhere if we dont sell the tyres...that does include balanceing aswell...

There are places that will fit them for next to nothing, but the majority of them are car tyre place, and iv seen some real kacked about rims as they dont really have the equipment for bike tyres.

Gav

Not forgeting those extra 8 wheel weights :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X on my rear F.O.C. lol!

I generally take in the rear loose for tyre and fitting, but when it comes to the front and rear I let you guys takeaway the hassle ;D

Seriously very happy with Bike Treads 8-)

Mac
05-05-06, 11:47 AM
Gav
Can u get me a price for front and rear diablo corsas pls for an 05 600RR...
to inc fitting etc too.

Cheers

Gav
05-05-06, 05:33 PM
Gav
Can u get me a price for front and rear diablo corsas pls for an 05 600RR...
to inc fitting etc too.

Cheers

Will sort it on monday for ya mate. Ya sure ya want the CORSA's though and not just the diablos???

Mac
05-05-06, 06:03 PM
do both...:D

Gav
05-05-06, 06:06 PM
do both...:D
lol ok just fot the man who doesnt know what he wants....