PDA

View Full Version : Air Filters

aimee_patterson
15-05-06, 10:29 PM
Will a tt K and N air filter fit on my speed four and would it make much difference??

GixerBoy
16-05-06, 11:17 AM
Will a tt K and N air filter fit on my speed four and would it make much difference??

Looks like it will Amiee,the part no. is TB-6000.
As for making a difference,not that you would notice on a standard bike,mine showed less than a 1bhp gain on the dyno.The main reason for buying one is that you never need to replace the filter again so its worth doing it if only for cost reasons. :)

Gav
16-05-06, 05:21 PM
Oh and the induction noise...

zebedee1984
16-05-06, 09:01 PM
oh... there it is, the real reason for the filter, if we were all that concerned about cost we wouldn't own the bikes we do now would we!

onfire23
16-05-06, 10:49 PM
Gixerboy is right a K&N should outlast the lifetime of a motorcycle. 8-)
Certainly would make a Triumph Triple sound nice! ;)

Amante_271
16-05-06, 11:32 PM
It may not make much difference on the dyno on its own but with a different zorst, cams, etc, etc it will. Its just one part of a big jigsaw of preformance parts to give a boost over all! DONT FORGET TO RE-JET THO!!! otherwise you get a big bang and **** all else except a big bill for the re-build!!! :( :( :o :( :(

GixerBoy
17-05-06, 01:45 AM
It may not make much difference on the dyno on its own but with a different zorst, cams, etc, etc it will. Its just one part of a big jigsaw of preformance parts to give a boost over all! DONT FORGET TO RE-JET THO!!! otherwise you get a big bang and **** all else except a big bill for the re-build!!! :( :( :o :( :(

Stop with the rejetting already,Its FUEL INJECTED you old fogey!! ::) ;D :D

Amante_271
17-05-06, 08:33 AM
OOPS! :o I will go get my Zimmer!

onfire23
17-05-06, 10:02 AM

Stop with the rejetting already,Its FUEL INJECTED you old fogey!! ::) ;D :D

Did'nt like to say. :-X Left it to a Senior Member ;D ;D ;D

GixerBoy
17-05-06, 11:09 AM
Respec! :)

Dabz
17-05-06, 11:59 AM
on my bike they (they being people who play with theirs) recommend using one with an exhaust as the bike doesn't need rejetting but it'll help once the exhaust is on. like the others said, it's also handy not to have to replace them if you do your own servicing

aimee_patterson
17-05-06, 03:27 PM
thanks people i might have to do that then. Gav......

onfire23
17-05-06, 04:15 PM
Think might contact Gav for best price on K&N for my Blade 8-)

Gav
17-05-06, 05:28 PM
thanks people i might have to do that then. Gav......
Yours will need to be set up by triumph once ya have fitted a filter hun, but you were going to do that anyway to get it right for the exhaust....xxx

Gav
17-05-06, 05:29 PM
Much as i hate to say it, look on ebay...
there are a few people selling brand new ones mate, might not have one for yours though but worth a look....they are way cheaper than i can supplky them for. If they dont have one, then i will get you a price...

onfire23
17-05-06, 05:31 PM
Much as i hate to say it, look on ebay...
there are a few people selling brand new ones mate, might not have one for yours though but worth a look....they are way cheaper than i can supplky them for. If they dont have one, then i will get you a price...

Thank's did look there few about cheaper than the £72 retail 8-)

aimee_patterson
18-05-06, 07:42 PM
yes ok thanks chick, will have to see if my parts are in the i can get it booked in

tinks43
18-05-06, 09:11 PM
Aimee, I had a K&N fitted to my TT along with the exhaust I sold you.

As soon as it was fitted I noticed the difference, better pickup on the throttle right from the get go! the cheapest place I could find after a lot of hunting was:

http://www.ybfilters.co.uk/bikefilters/triumphtable.htm

£32.75, including Free Delivery!
Also got one for Rob (Sigg21) Sprint ST when placing the order, Fast Delivery

You could have had myn but its currently fitted to my Daytona being as they have much similar Air Boxes.

Hope This helps, And to all others take a look at 'YB Filters' for your new Filter!

Dave