PDA

View Full Version : Starting problems

edboo
01-08-06, 03:04 PM
Ok guys and gals need help :(

About 4 weeks ago I got caught in a downpour and was caught in it for about an hour :'(

Ever since my SV650 (forgot to mention I was riding it at the time ::)) has developed starting problems, it's ok when it's going but it seems to take numerouse attempts.

I've checked the plugs and it's been to the Bridewells garage at Etcelhampton to have the chain and sprockets renewed, they thought it could be something to do with the cut off switch, when it's played about with the bike starts. They've tried changing the unit but it was still the same :'(

Any ideas ?

:-* ;D

rex_the_sprocket
01-08-06, 04:56 PM
Does it turn and turn before it catches or is it silent. Can you hear anything priming when you turn the switch? Is there a click then silence?

Water gets into all sorts of places - try spraying WD40 on the kill switch, side stand switch, coils (mine are mounted on the outside of the frame), solonoid (usually next to battery) and just about any other ignition circuit connectors you can think of. Tighten up battery connections etc.

ONFIRE
01-08-06, 06:57 PM
Hmm not sure if related but my brother had a similar problem with his side stand switch on his old bike 97bLADE causing very much the same problems you're experiening, had side stand switch replaced twice then wiring loom...was okay for few days.

Turned out to be the rectifier breaking down. :)

edboo
01-08-06, 08:35 PM
Does it turn and turn before it catches or is it silent. Can you hear anything priming when you turn the switch? Is there a click then silence?

Water gets into all sorts of places - try spraying WD40 on the kill switch, side stand switch, coils (mine are mounted on the outside of the frame), solonoid (usually next to battery) and just about any other ignition circuit connectors you can think of. Tighten up battery connections etc.

Turns over ok, might take 5-6 attempts to and then starts >:( I will try the WD40 idea :) ...cheers guys 8-)

Dabz
02-08-06, 06:46 PM
I'd have guessed the side stand switch too, lots of WD40 should do it :)