PDA

View Full Version : Indicators

Amante_271
11-08-06, 07:51 AM
Im trying to tidy up the back end of my GPX250 and Ive decided to junk the HUGE indicators!

What are the rules and regs on size/distance apart?

Ive got some car side repeaters (about the size of a hens egg) that fit nicely on the back either side ot the break/tail light, would that be ok?

Answers on a post card to.......

evilkeneval
11-08-06, 09:25 AM
As long as there are 2 (rear facing, one each side)and they flash with an orange light. I don't belive there is anything saying they have to be a set distance appart

Icey
11-08-06, 09:28 AM
http://www.motuk.co.uk/mcmanual_150.htm

HTH

evilkeneval
11-08-06, 09:51 AM
very technical! i was almost right! amber is just a posh name for orange! ;D

mike
11-08-06, 11:19 AM
To be legal, I think they also need to be 200mm (8") apart, and be e marked if new. I was running Motobitz until recently, LED ones with custom 'footprints' to fit individual fairings etc. Mine were neither e marked or having lenses over the LEDs and I got a few bikes MOT'd without a problem. I would give your car repeaters a go and see how you fare at the MOT. There are hundreds of aftermarket ones on ebay (majority tacky and cheap) to choose from. Be wary of LED ones unless you get the correct resistors included for your bike (usually 10w or 21w) as LED ones will usually pull about 2w and won't flash without the extra draw of current to operate the flasher unit!

ONFIRE
11-08-06, 12:45 PM
Im trying to tidy up the back end of my GPX250 and Ive decided to junk the HUGE indicators!

Ive got some car side repeaters (about the size of a hens egg) that fit nicely on the back either side ot the break/tail light, would that be ok?

I have a Chainsaw you can borrow ;)
bl**dy emetts ;D ;D

HC8
11-08-06, 04:44 PM

bl**dy emetts ;D ;D
I thought they were grockles in wiltshire and emetts in devon/cornwall ?

ONFIRE
11-08-06, 05:57 PM

bl**dy emetts ;D ;D
I thought they were grockles in wiltshire and emetts in devon/cornwall ?

On going Joke HC.......... Your quite right. Andrew was the Emett :-*when he fairly recently visited Cornwall ;D ;D