PDA

View Full Version : Digital Gear Indicators....

Dabz
03-09-06, 07:30 PM
on behalf of Paul - he's looking into getting a gear indicator for the bonneville but the bike doens't have a rev counter...so does anyone know if the normal ones will/won't work or even better does anyone know a model that will work with his bike?

datatool do one with a conversion kit for cable-driven speedos but it suggests you need a cable driven taco too

any help much appreciated :)

Gav
03-09-06, 07:48 PM
Datatool do do one for a gear driven speedo and it still use's the pulse from the pick up to obtain the revs. It will fit and work no problem, the only problem you will have is setting it up. You will require a rev counter for this, but once set up you wont need to see what revs the bike is at. Prob the easiet way is to buy a cheap rev counter to use for setting up and then ebay it after wards. Hope this helps a bit..
Gav

mike
03-09-06, 08:40 PM
There are hand held rev counters that you just hold near the engine, used usually for tuning chainsaws. Might n=be worth trying to borrow or hire one of these. I think I'm right in this, but it's a few years since I was using saws daily!

Dabz
04-09-06, 09:14 AM
cool thanks guys :)