PDA

View Full Version : Blown bulbs

Rod
09-09-06, 12:50 PM
Back to the usual problem of vibrations on the Hog seems to cause the back light bulb to blow, any suggestions :)

Snowy
09-09-06, 07:07 PM
Are you sure it's vibration? Could be something else such as wiring, connections etc. If it is vibration you could try putting some rubber wherever you can (if you know what I mean) in the important little places.

ONFIRE
09-09-06, 08:23 PM
Back to the usual problem of vibrations on the Hog seems to cause the back light bulb to blow, any suggestions :)

Rod, If the diagnoses does reflect to the bulb blowing due to vibration.....

You could fit a rear Led Bulb or led strip.

Amante_271
10-09-06, 08:11 AM
One of the best rubber washers Ive ever found come FREE on top of Grolsh flip top bottles. OK! So youve got to buy the bottles of beer ( ;)) but lifes a bugger like that but the washers they use on the stoppers are fantastic! Any problems with disposing with the beer please see me for help and assistance..... well its worth a try!!! ::)

igbell
11-09-06, 11:02 AM
I have had the 2 rear a 1 front blow on me the other week, I can not find out why, they did not all go at the same time I might add but I replaced them at the same time.
Now I have put a couple of PC fans inline of the rear bulbs to keep the R/R cool while the lights are on, this is something I picked off of a american VFR website, as it is a known issue with VFR's that the R/R gets too hot and this is what helps take the Batt out and then the bike. So hence the install, they have been working fine for a year so why would this cause a problem??

So have you got anything like this installed or has the alarm been installed in such a maner??

Rod
11-09-06, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty certain it's vibration not a wiring problem, as the whole thing shakes ( no rubber mounted engine here :( ) Thanks for the advice, I really like the beer bottle suggestion ;D so I will make up rubber washes and mount the light housing on them, if that fails then LED's seem a great idea....Thanks.......Rod

Rod
16-09-06, 05:29 PM
I have had the 2 rear a 1 front blow on me the other week, I can not find out why, they did not all go at the same time I might add but I replaced them at the same time.
Now I have put a couple of PC fans inline of the rear bulbs to keep the R/R cool while the lights are on, this is something I picked off of a american VFR website, as it is a known issue with VFR's that the R/R gets too hot and this is what helps take the Batt out and then the bike. So hence the install, they have been working fine for a year so why would this cause a problem??

So have you got anything like this installed or has the alarm been installed in such a maner??
Beats me, but you can watch the rear shake, and now it seems ok.

HC8
26-09-06, 09:43 PM

Yeah buy a new bulb ;D Bulbs by their nature have a finite lifespan on any bike.

oh the deep deep joy of harleys, its what they do ;D ;D ;D as pointed out in another thread, however this is only the second time its blown in ten years. Sportsters by nature vibrate a lot coz the engines aren't rubber mounted like the 1340's, saying that the standard back light is rubber mounted - so check you have a standard back light.

rgds

Chic ;)

blurbiker247
26-09-06, 09:51 PM

Buy a proper bike!!! only kidding, but I think its I hate hogs week init :P

b_1_rd
26-09-06, 09:55 PM
Is there a week that isn't? ;)

HC8
26-09-06, 10:09 PM
Is there a week that isn't? ;)

yeah when saddos grannies want to go out on one! :P