PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia dealer in Swindon!

mike
19-08-06, 06:58 PM
Nipped up to Swindon for a depressing look at the 99% Japanese only George Whites & Artdeans, luckily on the CBR as I got very wet on the way home. Anyway, Artdeans are now an Aprilia dealer! So, can anyone vouch for their mechanical skills on servicing as it would be a lot easier to get the Tuono serviced there than Wareham.
Chap I spoke to there seemed OK, he's about to get a new Tuono himself. Mine finishes on Ebay in one minute, but it ain't gonna sell I doubt...

ONFIRE
20-08-06, 11:39 AM
DMA Motorcycles, Brinkworth, Wiltshire, SN15 5DJ

These people know what they're doing when it comes to 'Iti' bikes.

Stu
20-08-06, 12:10 PM
Yeah I can vouch for it they used to look after my Mille R when I had it,and never done a bad job on any of my bikes.

I also worked there before when it was Bikes UK so know them well.

mike
20-08-06, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Brinkworths def nearer than Wareham. Can anyone vouch for Artdeans, or are they not on the A list for servicing? Don't want to have the Tuono serviced by anyone not used to the Mille engines.

Stu
21-08-06, 01:37 PM
oops I thought I'd put it I did work at artdeans when it was Bikes UK

mike
21-08-06, 04:39 PM
Sorry Stu, thought you were talking about the Brinkworth one. May give them a go next year when next service is due. Last service ended up with me trailering it all the way to Warehem so they had a cold engine for the clearances, too much hassle!

Stu
21-08-06, 05:15 PM
Saying that Brinkworth dealers sorted my mates MV and Raptor out a treat!

ONFIRE
21-08-06, 10:13 PM
Old BT Biker I knew bought new and had his Tuono serviced at DMA never any problems. 8-)

Rich
04-10-06, 12:08 AM
Hi Mike,

I have owned Aprilias for nearly four years , I would'nt go anywhere near artdeans if i were you as they don't have any diagnostic equipment for aprilia's {but they sell new bikes???]

How the hell do they service bikes or detect/track down a faults?

I have always used bikewise of abbingdon and have been happy with the service i get , can't comment on brinkworth as I've never used them.

Rich.

mike
04-10-06, 08:39 PM
Thanks Rich. Mmm, sounds a bit suspect if they have no servicing kit. Mind you, Darren at Motosport in Wareham always used to sinc the TBs by ear and I was told he did a better job than using the tools! Will probably keep going to Wareham, or maybe try Bikewise. There's a place in Bristol doing Aprilias and I didn't use them as they seemed to be mainly selling twist 'n' go's so didn't want to risk it on the Tuono.

ZX looks nice, what d'ya reckon against the 'Prillers? Totally different beast of course. Which Aprilia's did you have? I'm after a seat cowl off a Tuono or 03 Mille, and a Sargent seat if you bychance have any of these lying around the garage.

rex_the_sprocket
06-10-06, 09:27 AM
Mike - since Darren left Motosport last year they have gone off the boil. He had a big off on his RSVR last summer and is still on the mend but he has offered to service bikes from his place in Salisbury for cash. He is meticulous about attention to detail and is definately the person to talk to about the big 9k service with valve checks.

mike
06-10-06, 09:28 PM
Aagh, Charlie didn't say that was why he had left. Salisbury's a lot closer than Wareham, so thanks for the tip. Have PM'd you for details. Thanks.