PDA

View Full Version : Low down Knock / thump!

Amante_271
11-11-06, 12:36 PM
Ive been trying to fit in some time working on the GPX in between packing (poss moving soon, tho staying local) & working and Ive noticed a knocking from the crank case area at low revs (upto 2750/3000 rpm) then it disappears & all sounds smooth. The bike has a very rough tick over, when it ticks over at all! The carbs sound as if they need balancing to me also! Any (polite!) surgestions would be greatfully received!

Gav
11-11-06, 05:00 PM
Would suggest balencing the carbs as a 1st thing, if that does not resolve it then may need a little more in depth look.

Gav

b_1_rd
11-11-06, 09:18 PM
How old is the oil? Might be worth changing it.

blurbiker247
12-11-06, 10:20 AM
Ive been trying to fit in some time working on the GPX in between packing (poss moving soon, tho staying local) & working and Ive noticed a knocking from the crank case area at low revs (upto 2750/3000 rpm) then it disappears & all sounds smooth. The bike has a very rough tick over, when it ticks over at all! The carbs sound as if they need balancing to me also! Any (polite!) surgestions would be greatfully received!

Set fire to the F*****g and buy a decent bike so you can get out and ride it, Oh, sorry you said polite, please delete the fourth word ;)

Stu
12-11-06, 10:36 AM

Set fire to the F*****g and buy a decent bike so you can get out and ride it, Oh, sorry you said polite, please delete the fourth word ;)

How would deleting THE make it polite?? :D

BB
12-11-06, 11:34 AM
Blue never was good at counting...

BB

Amante_271
12-11-06, 10:13 PM
Sorry Blue, was I too late to bid on PINKI?

I know its not a service dealer kind of a bike but I dont want to jump on GPZX-YFR-GSXR 1,000,000 cc uber-bike & kill my self!

I want to re-find my "biking legs" and work up the cc road or stay at 250cc, or what ever
way I CHOOSE & NOT fit in with the "norm" just because....

Any way the insurance pay-out would be cr*p!!!

blurbiker247
13-11-06, 05:57 PM
Blue never was good at counting...

BB

Like I said there are three kinds a people in this world them as can count and them as can't :-/

goggomobil300
28-12-06, 11:56 PM
If it's any help, the knocking I had from my bike turned out to be a knackered can chain tensioner.