View Full Version : Crapper Flapper Mod

ONFIRE
22-12-06, 04:40 PM
Anyone tried this mod?

Probably have to get the fireplace on Dyno soon :-/

http://www.rogueracing.org/flap.htm

Gav
24-12-06, 05:20 PM
Know a few people that do this to their SP1/2s... From what they have said it does give it more power at the top end, but at the expence of smoothness low down...not a real problem tbh...

GixerBoy
24-12-06, 11:55 PM
Tim,do you really need more power....... :o ;)

Gav
26-12-06, 11:04 AM
GB you can never have TOO MUCH power as we all know....

GixerBoy
26-12-06, 11:25 AM
Maybe for me and you thats true mate but for OF??? :o ;D ;)

BB
26-12-06, 11:30 AM

Yes, but you still need to know how to use said power properly...

BB

Gav
27-12-06, 02:29 PM

BB

Point the front wheel for the horizon and twist the throttle.....

Gav
27-12-06, 02:32 PM
I think he prob has more power than me anyway....

Havin said that bike is now set up with Dynojet kit, filter and pipe and been dyno'ed at just under 140BHP at the wheel....not amazing but good for a 5yr old R1

BB
27-12-06, 03:22 PM

BB

Hmm, anybody can do that.......it's what to do when you get there....

BB

Gav
27-12-06, 03:32 PM

BB

BB

Ah well iv never got tot he horizon so i have no idea what to do then.....for all i know it could just keep going on an on an on....

ONFIRE
27-12-06, 04:20 PM
:-[;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Yep your right that old crock of a Fireplace will have to go.....Its a Honda Melody for me >:( ;D ;D Going to get myself down to GW's in the morning 4 sure!

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 05:09 PM
Heard the've got a couple of blue and white K6 thou's left if you want a decent bike my man.......No good for me tho' with my colour leathers.......Having to look else where...... ;)

ONFIRE
27-12-06, 05:37 PM
Heard the've got a couple of blue and white K6 thou's left if you want a decent bike my man.......No good for me tho' with my colour leathers.......Having to look else where...... ;)

Noticed today a few Gixer thous kicking about one did catch my eye particularly nice b\w\r colour. Horses for courses it's an R1 for me, now my old 2004 Fireplace mileage is getting bit high! :-/ Gutted though only replaced tyres last month only 7 miles on them :'(

I thought better leave thoses little gixers to Trackday God's :-*:-* ;)
8-)

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 05:47 PM
Such sweet words........ :o
Mileage.....Huh,mines got 24k on it now so its being pensioned off to be a full time trackday hack! :o ;D

ONFIRE
27-12-06, 05:58 PM
Mileage.....Huh,mines got 24k on it now so its being pensioned off to be a full time trackday hack! :o ;D

Early new years resolution :o :D I could go back to being a complete barsteward wind-up merchant then again. Second thoughts I'll leave that to the newbies ;)

ONFIRE
27-12-06, 06:16 PM
Noticed a while ago on Artdeans website the GSX-R1000 PHANTOM LAUNCHED - free Yoshy...
:P

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 06:40 PM
Hmmm,unfortunately OF,its just a link to Suzuki GB's website.....Stingy fookers.....Did try and ring Artdeans today but they're obviously closed.........Fowlups have the Phantom in stock and Crescent did have some a few weeks ago so will see who will give me the best deal....... :)

Gav
27-12-06, 08:19 PM

Noticed today a few Gixer thous kicking about one did catch my eye particularly nice b\w\r colour. Horses for courses it's an R1 for me, now my old 2004 Fireplace mileage is getting bit high! :-/ Gutted though only replaced tyres last month only 7 miles on them :'(

8-)

Good choice of bike ya going for there fella....ya know it makes sence...

ONFIRE
27-12-06, 08:49 PM

8-)

Yep 4sure Gav...., but I have not been totally disappointed in the CBR1000RR always had Honda's, but its all just a tad too safe (yes GB it was a plank ;)). My big broth will never speak to me again moving over to the dark side. :'( :'(

psml

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/poshboy_photos/r1_black.jpg

8-)

BB
27-12-06, 09:00 PM

Early new years resolution :o :D I could go back to being a complete barsteward wind-up merchant then again. Second thoughts I'll leave that to the newbies ;)

?? ::) :-X

BB
27-12-06, 09:01 PM

BB

BB

Ah well iv never got tot he horizon so i have no idea what to do then.....for all i know it could just keep going on an on an on....

If only everyone was as good on two wheels as they are on semantics... ;)

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 10:23 PM

8-)

Yep 4sure Gav...., but I have not been totally disappointed in the CBR1000RR always had Honda's, but its all just a tad too safe (yes GB it was a plank ;)). My big broth will never speak to me again moving over to the dark side. :'( :'(

psml

8-)

Dark side??.....R1??.......You're avin' a laugh guvner......THIS is the dark side!! :o :D ;)

BB
27-12-06, 10:44 PM
Pretty trick GB 8-) when you plan on bringing your new girl home? :-*

BB

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 10:55 PM
Well,if all goes well,this Saturday......... :o :-/ [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
27-12-06, 11:00 PM
Fingers crossed your deal comes through!

BB

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 11:16 PM
Cheers BB! :-*

ONFIRE
28-12-06, 01:47 AM
Dropping off my old Fireplace GW's in the morning, going to have to wait until Feb ... 2007 for delivery of the R1. Like weather is pretty crap... until then, so I am willing to wait for one of the quality built thou's.... I did hear that Suzuki are not only throwing in a free Yoshy can but also a can of WD40 for those Gixer's ;D ;D ;D ;D
;)

8-)

GixerBoy
28-12-06, 02:25 AM
Hmmmm,my Gixer has done 24k in the past 3 years........ 8-).Do you think they were all done in the summer sonny :o........No.......Is there a speck of corrosion on my bike....... ::)Uh,no again.......You part time wannabees........ :PI couldn't go two weeks without rider the Missile let alone two months.......But I spose' if I owned a Fireplace it wouldn't be a problem not riding it for a few months......Probably lend it to the misses to go shopping on! ;D ;D ;D ;)

ONFIRE
28-12-06, 02:39 AM
Gearbox gives up the ghost Rad leaks :'( :'(+++ :-XRider freaken fast as fook ;)

Joking aside new Gixer really does look nice. :-/ ;)Yep must admit I'll be lost without a bike for first time in 6 yrs :o Just put the Fireplace back to standard tonight...apart from end can GW's can put standard one back on :-[
Misses is why I am not getting a Gixer [smiley=thumbdown.gif] Not! :-* :-X :-/ 8-)psml

GixerBoy
28-12-06, 02:51 AM
Well,when you ride a bike as hard as i do Tim,its gonna break occasionally! ::)
You know the missis won't let you have a Gixer cus its too fooking fast for ya!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

But i've gotta say,that R1 does look pretty.......Pretty slow that is ha ha ha! :D

ONFIRE
28-12-06, 04:23 AM
Never take your wives when purchasing anything...Quite funny realy I was going to buy a gixer, yep you guessed it misses said it's cheap looking...Told her thats not a very nice thing to say about gixerboy's & Dion :D ;) :-?

She did apologise, she mean't to say the bike not the old tart riding it :o :-*;D ;D

8-)

GixerBoy
28-12-06, 08:52 AM
Tis true,I'm old and a tart but soon,i'll be the one with TWO Gixers in the garage...... 8-)

Gav
28-12-06, 09:29 AM
OF and GB on this note of reliability...
My 1st R1 way back in 1999...me and it covered 240000in 11months...was my only transport at the time, so used for commuting, fun, weekends away, track days...
At the time it lived outside so no warm garage for it.

When i sold it, it was still in show room condition, and reliabilty wise had NOT once let me down.....oh apart from the selecter springs for the gearbox, which gave up 2 time...but a known faylt and under warrenty so not a problem.

Not as for shall we say OTHER makes...huh hum...
I have friends with fireblades that have fallen apart first time they got wet and when used regular end up looking like rat bikes.
Again u have friends with GSXR's that ride them now and then and they live outside...and again they dont look their best after a while of this....
Im not having a go at any make or any type of bike....but from experiance and from wokring on bikes everyday and so gettin to see more than my fair share of bikes that have had less than ideal lives.........for shear build quality and reliability i would never move away from a YAMAHA

GixerBoy
28-12-06, 11:28 AM
Yeah,but Gav,my bikes had 24000 HARD miles.......Know what I mean.... :P ;)

Gav
28-12-06, 02:12 PM
So did mine, 24k in 11 months all riden like it was meant to be....
It was a little pampered though to be fair.
I think it is down to how well they are looked after and cleaned to be fair, but i would still rate Yamaha over the rest....although having said that they seem to be going down hill a bit on their finish.

ONFIRE
28-12-06, 04:08 PM
Well I have done the deal in GW's this afternoon. New 2007 R1 delivered in March 07 Plate.

Fantastic deal as usual & to be expected from George White's. ;)
8-)

GixerBoy
28-12-06, 06:13 PM
Well,I just did a deal with Crescent for a K6 Phantom.......Great price,included all the accessories i wanted at a discounted price......Will be ready to pick up Saturday! 8-)
The difference between Crescent and GW's is that everyone there was really happy that i'd gone to them when I could have gone to a local dealer.....Lots of smiling faces and from the two years of experience dealing with Crescent,I know their aftersales service will be second to none......I couldn't have said that about GW......The worst aftersales service I have ever come across.....(and as you all know,i'm not the only one to have experienced this!) I would actually rather pay a little bit more (which by the way I didn't have to) and get excellent service than a cheap price and crap customer service!
Good luck OF! :'( :'(

ONFIRE
28-12-06, 06:23 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

As said 6 years fantastic customer service with George White's best prices around. And warranty service...wysiwyg 8-)

I am not interested in :-* :-* :-* :-* ass lip service...

Each to there own ;)

GixerBoy
28-12-06, 06:37 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

As said 6 years fantastic customer service with George White's best prices around. And warranty service...wysiwyg 8-)

Each to there own ;)

No mate,excellent SERVICE is what i'm interested in......And people don't have to,nor would I want them too,kiss my ass to give me that.....And as for lip service,that is all you WILL get from GW!!

BTW,I'm not including the Honda side of the dealership as I havn't had the need to deal with them.

ONFIRE
28-12-06, 07:43 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Each to there own ;)

No mate,excellent SERVICE is what i'm interested in......And people don't have to,nor would I want them too,kiss my ass to give me that.....And as for lip service,that is all you WILL get from GW!!

BTW,I'm not including the Honda side of the dealership as I havn't had the need to deal with them.

Oi put that Highlighting pen away!

I agree, does not take much for a disgruntled customer to spread muck & quite rightly so BB. I can only praise them with my own personal experience. I am sure this rings true within all motorcycle dealerships. :-/ Would be great to be as perfect as me to get it right all the time (did I say that) Lol! ;)

(Of f on a tangent but relevant)I am currently in dispute with Landrover with a vehicle I have recently purchased I went to the Oxfordshire (Hartwell branch) as they were supposed to have best customer service. To date from new two warranty repairs and they have caused damage to the vehicle. So I have rejected it, now in legal dispute. long story!
They may have many happy customers, perhaps I am unfortuante to have a vehicle made on a Friday who knows...But I am pretty pissed about it. Unfortuantly Mud sticks >:(

8-)

BB
29-12-06, 12:50 AM
I agree, does not take much for a disgruntled customer to spread muck & quite rightly so BB. I can only praise them with my own personal experience. I am sure this rings true within all motorcycle dealerships. :-/ Would be great to be as perfect as me to get it right all the time (did I say that) Lol! ;)

As I said to Stu on the other thread as far as I'm concerned my business with GW is closed. I do not spread muck, but if someone asks me what my experience with GW was like I will tell them of my experience. In the same way if anyone asks me what my experience with other dealers has been over the years, i will give them my experience. If I have not had any dealings then I say so. All I ask is a reasonable service and communication from whomever I deal with.

I’ll put the underlining pen away now!

BB

ONFIRE
29-12-06, 01:04 AM
Pleased you did take the muck terminology too literal. Must admit I do sever any slight affiliation to dealers if I experience unsatisfactory customer service 8-) enough said...

Opps that highlighter is moreish ;)