PDA

View Full Version : Riding Tips

nicko600
12-01-07, 09:30 PM
How about a section dedicated to riding tips/questions about riding as opposed to just general chat. this could then be used by the more inexperienced to learn from the more experienced.

gixerjonny
12-01-07, 09:52 PM
sounds good

50cc_newbie
12-01-07, 09:54 PM
Great idea

GixerBoy
12-01-07, 11:27 PM
How about a section dedicated to riding tips/questions about riding as opposed to just general chat. this could then be used by the more inexperienced to learn from the more experienced.

Not a bad idea Nick!
I've modified the 'Technical help' section to include 'Riding tips' ......Hope this proves useful!

GB.

Dabz
13-01-07, 11:41 AM
great idea :D

Scott_W
13-01-07, 03:25 PM
There is a scheme running on another bike forum I read (it's a bit closer to home for me, and hence I'm taking part in it) and it's one whereby the more experienced riders mentor the lesser experienced/novice riders.

Basically the more experienced riders, so looking at this forum, I would say GB, Gav, GixerJonny, Rex and possibly a couple of others take some time out to help the people who have not long passed to learn about bike positioning, body positioning, filtering techniques and so on. I know it requires commitment from the more experienced riders, but the uptake on the other forum has been superb from both the experienced riders (traffic police, ex couriers, track day veterans and so on) offering their services and the novices wanting to learn these skills.

Just a thought in case anybody on here was willing to a) start something like this and b) give up their own free time to help others learn.

BB
13-01-07, 05:18 PM
Funnily enough, GB and I were only talking yesterday about about something along those lines.

BB

Scott_W
13-01-07, 07:26 PM
I think it's a great idea TBH and something that you should try to arrange. I'm getting mentored by a traffic cop and I can't wait to see what I'm doing wrong, etc... Although I've done an advanced riding course (Rapid Training - well worth doing) I know there are still areas that I need to improve on and this experience will hopefully provide this for me.

GixerBoy
13-01-07, 08:36 PM
We sure did........As some of you may already know,I've taken a few of the members out for some 'one on one' tuition already..........If anyone is interested then please PM me.

GB.

Dabz
14-01-07, 10:59 AM
I'll definitely be taking GB up on this..had it booked for over the christmas holidays then had to work :(

BB
14-01-07, 11:08 AM
We sure did........As some of you may already know,I've taken a few of the members out for some 'one on one' tuition already..........If anyone is interested then please PM me.

GB.

Although GB has a bit of a reputation of, shall we say - a fast rider - he can ride at a slower pace if he wants too! I have been out with GB a couple of times and found him really helpful and he gives constructive advice.

BB