PDA

View Full Version : Steev much better.......

GixerBoy
02-02-07, 09:06 PM
Went out for with Steev on Wednesday,to see how he was coming along since our last ride together.....
We went for quite a spin,working mainly on his road positioning and forward planning skills.
Still aways to go but Steev's confidence is definitely growing and should be back to his pre-off levels by summer!
Steev is commited to getting there as him booking the Cal Superbike school has proved.....Keep at it mate! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
02-02-07, 10:08 PM
Well done, Steve. Keep at it! :-*

BB

gixerjonny
02-02-07, 10:33 PM
Look forward to a blast out steev...

8-)

Steev
02-02-07, 11:22 PM
Cheers mate,

I must say that I did really enjoy that ride more than any other since the off. I felt the new tyres and the fact that I have a new found confidence in my bike thanx to GB(check tuition thread) helped no end.

It would be quite easy for me to say that that’s it, I'm back on it now and I don’t need no one's help from here on in. That’s not the case by a long short, I was riding quite confidently and at times quite fast even in the corners on Wednesday and enjoying it, but if you had seen me riding over to GB's house you would have seen a completely different rider. I'm not completely **** but what I'm trying to say is that when I was riding with GB initially he was leading and showing me the lines and visually proving to me that the grip was there. That in itself is invaluable to someone who has lost the feel of grip on the road. I must say that at the end of our ride I was feeling pretty good about my riding, I didn’t feel I had to push it to prove something to GB he never put any pressure like that on me at all. He analyzed my riding and gave me good honest advice and pointed out a few things I needed to know.

Just to sum up on my experiences under Tuition, some times when you are trying to put it back together on your own its easy to try and do everything at the one time and just end up being more confused and frustrated. Its great to have a highly competent rider with you to focus on what’s required and to inspire confidence in your own ability without undue pressure.

Also its great to go out riding your bike with a good mate mid week while taking a sickie from work.

Thanx again mate.

PS. Get a ****ing haircut, I was a little embarrassed when we stopped.

Steev.

PPS. Looking forward to it Jonny.

gixerjonny
02-02-07, 11:29 PM
[quote author=Steev link=1170446803/0#3 date=1170454957]Cheers mate,

PS. Get a ****ing haircut, I was a little embarrassed when we stopped.

Steev.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l90/gixerjonny2006/hairy.png

GixerBoy
02-02-07, 11:31 PM
Dude, what can i say, the girls love the 'rugged' look!! :o :D ;)

GixerBoy
02-02-07, 11:34 PM
Oi you lot, show some respect goddamnit!! :P :'(

Scott_W
03-02-07, 02:29 PM
Cheers mate,

I must say that I did really enjoy that ride more than any other since the off. I felt the new tyres and the fact that I have a new found confidence in my bike thanx to GB(check tuition thread) helped no end.

It would be quite easy for me to say that that’s it, I'm back on it now and I don’t need no one's help from here on in. That’s not the case by a long short, I was riding quite confidently and at times quite fast even in the corners on Wednesday and enjoying it, but if you had seen me riding over to GB's house you would have seen a completely different rider. I'm not completely **** but what I'm trying to say is that when I was riding with GB initially he was leading and showing me the lines and visually proving to me that the grip was there. That in itself is invaluable to someone who has lost the feel of grip on the road. I must say that at the end of our ride I was feeling pretty good about my riding, I didn’t feel I had to push it to prove something to GB he never put any pressure like that on me at all. He analyzed my riding and gave me good honest advice and pointed out a few things I needed to know.

Just to sum up on my experiences under Tuition, some times when you are trying to put it back together on your own its easy to try and do everything at the one time and just end up being more confused and frustrated. Its great to have a highly competent rider with you to focus on what’s required and to inspire confidence in your own ability without undue pressure.

Mate, I have to agree with you 100%. After my off's at Silverstone I've lost a LOT of confidence in myself/the bike. Now I know the bike is more than up to the job and that it's my brain that needs to be convinced, but you just don't realise how much confidence you can lose in such a short space of time.

For me, I've been out as much as I can recently practising all of the road positioning techniques taught to me on the Rapid Training day and it is making me much more confident (although not back to pre-Silverstone days) when I'm on the move. However, give me a slow speed corner or roundabout and I freeze up immediately and start to panic about dropping the bike.

Anyway, fingers crossed my "mentoring" with the traffic cop will cure these problems, but one thing is for sure, getting a lot more mileage under your belt certainly does help!

Dabz
04-02-07, 12:19 PM
great news Steev :D I'm still waiting to fit in some training with GB...latest plan is to use my last day of holiday at work to arrange some