PDA

View Full Version : Which Brake Pads?

Dabz
21-03-07, 10:39 PM
Anyone got any advice on which replacement brake pads to go for? need to replace mine at the front.

Also, does anyone know somewhere local to fit them? and how much should I expect to pay for fitting?

Found these prices so far:
Brembo Road Front Brake Pads £18.20
EBC FA Caliper Pads £13.13
Triumph TT 600 00-03 £14.00 £17.50

I know brembo and ebc are good for cars..are they good makes for bike pads? Or is it worth sticking with Triumph pads?

Genisis
22-03-07, 09:52 AM
I've always used EBC pads and never had a problem with them.
I know steve lynham's in swindon has a 2-3 week waiting list :( waiting for my bike to go in.
You could always fit them your self it's pretty easy if not i would be happy to fit them for you if your local.
Matthew

FJ_Biker
22-03-07, 09:55 PM
EBC pads and disks have always stopped me fine, the important thing is to clean the callipers. The faster boys and girls on this site probably use better quality products.

The only time they don’t seem to good is in really heavy rain on the motorway. But traffic is normally moving around 20mph due to poor visibility when this happens.

Gav
22-03-07, 11:43 PM
EBH HH compund...
Think there about 20quid a caliper...
And of course Bike Treads can do it for ya....

Snowy
23-03-07, 10:30 AM
EBC myself, forget which ones but they were "Organic". They work well enough to kick the ABS in so for me it was why spend any more money. The HH are a stronger compound for harder braking but cost more and will put more heat through the rotor. Easy enough to fit yourself Dabs I would have thought.

alanTDM
24-03-07, 08:17 AM
Im using Dunlop pads find them very good :)