PDA

View Full Version : Ok I give up!!! HELP!!!

Amante_271
11-04-07, 05:27 PM
My son has a mini moto scrambler. 42cc of chineese arm wrenching (?) power! BUT the f*&%ing thing wont fire! It doesnt seem to be getting any fuel thru BUT Ive stripped the carb and cleaned it, Ive cleaned the air filter, reed block is clear and the fuel is flowing thru ok, float height seems ok etc!

When I spray carb cleaner into the carb and turn the engine over , IT FIRES!!!! for 3-4 seconds and then stops!

Im starting to run out of ideas here guys and gals.... Have you got any??? APART from binning the F*&%ing thing!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Replys on a post (card) to me as soon as possible.

Muchly greatful Me & Jeremy (Son & bike can be seen in the gallery!)

Genisis
11-04-07, 09:47 PM
can't say im the best person to help but have you checked the pilot valves and check fuel air mixture.
the fact that it fires when you pump carb cleaner into it seems to indicate that. Other thing to check is the fuel might be crap fuel?

hope it helps

Amante_271
12-04-07, 02:58 PM
All the jets were cleaned so going to try new fuel in a sec! Will let u no how it goes (or not!) :-/

Amante_271
13-04-07, 05:24 PM
:) & :( News!!

She(?) fired up!!! :D

Problem now is the float height is f**ked and she p*sses out fuel from the overflow pipe!! >:(

Any one got a match!! :-/

furry-TLR
13-04-07, 09:05 PM
Rule No 1 : Never buy anything chineese other than noodles/curry/sweet n sour... and socks!

Rule No 2: If in doubt refer to Rule No 1! ;D

I personally think the government should impose an enviromental tax on anything chineese, as most of it ends up in landfills after only a short period!
(Would also stop alot of British Manf's going out of business as their higher quality but then evenly priced goods would have a chance of selling!)

Oh well hope it was fun while it lasted :)