22-12-06, 04:15 PM
Just booked up for CSBS

16 May 07: Silverstone UK

8-)

http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/

Any one else interested in going....worth every penny of £299-00

GixerBoy
22-12-06, 04:18 PM
Well done Tim,I'll let Steev,Steady and Buck know what date your going,sure your have some company mate! :)

ONFIRE
23-12-06, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Dion ;)more the merryier.
8-)

BB
27-12-06, 10:28 PM
Yes, if we had all realised we were going, perhaps we should have approached them for a group discount for Wiltshire Bikers! 8-) ;)

BB

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 10:32 PM
Yes, if we had all realised we were going, perhaps we should have approached them for a group discount for Wiltshire Bikers! 8-) ;)

BB

Whats this 'we' then BB??.......You gonna show the boyz how its done then???? :o 8-)

BB
27-12-06, 10:38 PM

BB

Whats this 'we' then BB??.......You gonna show the boyz how its done then???? :o 8-)

I would not presume to show up all the track day wannabees! But I'm always open to new experiences and willing to learn new tricks.

BB

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 10:56 PM

BB

I would not presume to show up all the track day wannabees! But I'm always open to new experiences and willing to learn new tricks.

BB

Uh........... :o ;D ;)

BB
27-12-06, 11:04 PM
BB
BB

Especially from experts ;)

GixerBoy
27-12-06, 11:07 PM
BB
BB

Especially from experts ;)

You been on the Scotch my dear???? :o :o :o ;D ;)

BB
27-12-06, 11:32 PM
Not Scotch or JD tonight, tonight I'm on the drugs... :P

BB

I had better just state they are prescription only!

ONFIRE
02-01-07, 02:15 AM
Added benefit of Yam ownership. :o :)
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/yamaha_schools/experiences_overview.jsp

Yamaha Owner Benefits: All Yamaha Owners will get fast track check-in on arrival at the school and will receive a complimentary copy of the excellent 'Twist of the Wrist' book by Keith Code. Yamaha Insurance services will offer 5% discount for anyone who has completed level 1 and 10% for anyone who has completed levels 2 and above.
;)

buck
02-01-07, 09:44 AM
Thank you to GB for letting me know about CSBS.

I have taken the plunge and also booked for the 17th May at Silverstone.

BB, OF if both or either of you fancy riding down together, please let me know.

ONFIRE
02-01-07, 04:19 PM
Thank you to GB for letting me know about CSBS.

I have taken the plunge and also booked for the 17th May at Silverstone.

BB, OF if both or either of you fancy riding down together, please let me know.

I would but I have previously booked the 16th May But I'll probably be using there R6's until I sort out a Track Bike. 8-)

GixerBoy
02-01-07, 04:54 PM
Have let Buck know that he booked the wrong date.......Hopefully he can change it.

ONFIRE
02-01-07, 05:05 PM
Yep me2 sent a PM earlier. ;)

ONFIRE
03-01-07, 09:46 AM
Recieved my Yamaha complimentary pk & booking confirmation this morning :)

Incidently you only get the complimentary pk if you're a Yamaha owner & of course a real Biker :'( :o....wait for it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/poshboy_photos/twist_of_the-wrist/stop.jpg

8-)

Dabz
03-01-07, 09:50 AM
I guess they have to make up for it somehow...by sending free stuff :P

GixerBoy
03-01-07, 10:55 AM
Thanks Dabz,saved me the trouble!! ;D ;)

ONFIRE
03-01-07, 11:41 AM
I guess they have to make up for it somehow...by sending free stuff :P

Yeah right Dabz...wannabe ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Toecutter
03-01-07, 09:49 PM
07 R1 is that the new 4 valve engine?

ONFIRE
03-01-07, 10:13 PM
07 R1 is that the new 4 valve engine?

Yep thats the one ;)
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/motorcycles/supersport/yzf_r1.jsp?view=techspecs

Toecutter
03-01-07, 10:20 PM
What colour you going for this is a nice bike totally dif from yer Fireplace!

ONFIRE
03-01-07, 10:28 PM
What colour you going for this is a nice bike totally dif from yer Fireplace!
Have to admit the fireplace I was happy with , but non envolving ride, certain gixer rider decribed the fireplace as a plank! ;D ;D Not far off if your happy with a fast bike but neutral ride.

Oh the R1 it Black 8-)

GixerBoy
11-01-07, 12:08 PM
Heard that there may be a special guest appearance from a certain trick Gixer owner....... :o ;)

ONFIRE
13-01-07, 01:40 AM
Mr Hopkins said he can't make it ;D ;D ;D ;D
8-)

GixerBoy
13-01-07, 10:39 PM
Hopper rides a GSV-R Tim......Dum dum! :o :P ;D ;)

ONFIRE
13-01-07, 10:45 PM
Is it not a Suzy? ;) huh! :o Guess your Gixer Power is closest thing your get to a GSV-R 8-)

GixerBoy
13-01-07, 10:50 PM
Gixer..GSXR.......Sigh.......Anyway,i'm thinking of doing level two on the same day so you newbies better watch out!! :o 8-) :D

ONFIRE
13-01-07, 10:56 PM
Cool should be an education for some :o :o ;)
It will most definitely be good day 8-)

BB
13-01-07, 11:06 PM

I trust we will all learn something, OF.

BB

ONFIRE
13-01-07, 11:13 PM

I trust we will all learn something, OF.

BB

I sincerely hope so 'BB' for all, as that is the objective of the day :)
8-)

BB
13-01-07, 11:21 PM
It sure is my objective and at that price, I sincerely hope I do! :)

BB

Steev
24-01-07, 04:12 PM
Just booked up for the 16th.

How is everyone getting there.

ONFIRE
24-01-07, 04:38 PM
Just booked up for the 16th.

How is everyone getting there.

Like most Superbike riders ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/poshboy_photos/twist_of_the-wrist/apache2.jpg

GixerBoy
24-01-07, 04:43 PM
I'm sure everyone will be riding there Steev........Including O/F! ::)

kitkat
29-01-07, 01:38 PM
After the feedback to my post about Castle Combe (thanks) I decided I should walk before running so have booked up for the 16th May at Silverstone as well 8-) so I get some tuition rather than just making it up as I go along!

Dave

BB
29-01-07, 01:43 PM
I think there are quite a few of us going now. Should be good! 8-)

BB

GixerBoy
29-01-07, 06:45 PM
Well done Dave,excellent idea! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
17-05-07, 10:25 PM
so then guys, how did it go? any photos etc?

Ghost
18-05-07, 05:34 PM
Would be interesting to see how people got on - it is a lot of money - is it worth it?

Ghost
27-05-07, 05:20 PM
Well I have seen Kitkat and Steev on site over the last week or so, dunno about the rest who were supposed to be going. Does no one have any comments to make? Was it a good or bad experience? Was it good or rubbish value for money?

Well?

kitkat
27-05-07, 05:41 PM
(Sorry Ghost have been overseas for the last week and forgot to logout before I went)

Well the quick anwser is yes if you want to get more confidence to corner faster and after all cornering is where it is at ;D It is a lot of dosh but it is a proper training event not just a track day.

The day starts at 7:00 am for registration :o and you get 5 classroon sessions and 5 track sessions of about thirty mins each. Everyone starts at level one no matter how good you think you are and L1 is all about Stability. The gist of it is that bikes can be pretty stable it is just the monkey holding onto the bars that messies things up!

There were 21 of us on L1 and we had one coach between three of us for the track sessions whose job was to give feedback and tips to make sure the classroom stuff had sunk in. The coaches were all on R6s and could ride a bit ;D The students had a real mix of bikes from Beemers to R1s

First session was on throttle control so they had us just using 3rd gear and no brakes all the way around with the purpose of the drill being smooth us of the throttle plus progressive opening of the throttle though the bends to load up the suspension and keep the bike stable.

Second session was on turn in points and showing that later turn in points are usually better as vision through the bend is better and you are upright (stable) for longer. To help us get this they put big yellow crosses on the track which you have to start your turn on. This helps overcome the situation of going where you look i.e when you start looking at a bend you are likely to start drifting into the apex too early.

Third session follows on as now we were turning later you need to turn quicker so this was all about active counter steering. I got a lot from this session as the coach spotted that whilst I was counter sterring ok to initiate the turn in I was pushing for too long which was going against what the bike wanted to do. Previously they had rigged one of their R6 with some instruments which showed that the maximum movement needed to get around the track was just 5 mm on the bars!

Forth session was about rider input i.e. trying to get us to relax and work with the bike rather than try to over control it. They tell you that your only job for cornering is to initiate the turn in through counter steering and control the throttle :o This one really emphasised how much better the bike felt with bent elbows so that your inputs where just push/pull rather than also carrying your weight on your wrists as well.

Final exersise was about good vision (which is what L2 is all about) and we were back to to hitting the turn in points but instead of just focussing on those big yellow crosses we were using peripheral vision to hit the crosses as we had to focus more on the apex of each bend

The best thing was that all the guys at CSS are passionate about teaching you how to corner better and it made the whole day really fun as well as giving you loads of new skills to practice.

Hope the above gives you a feel for the day and if you are thinking of spending money on the latest go faster accessory I would spend it at CSS instead as you will go faster 8-)

Dave

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/kitkat1200/NT5U7067.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/kitkat1200/NT5U7094.jpg

Ghost
27-05-07, 05:51 PM
Good report and I'm glad you found it really useful. I was intrigued what it was like as it supposed to bre good - it's a big investment to make so it's useful to have a punters view.

As you say you can put any amount of go faster accessories on to a bike but it is down to the riders skill at the end of the day how effective it all is!

Dabz
28-05-07, 09:31 AM
thanks for that review, looks like a really useful day!