PDA

View Full Version : minor bike crash - advice if you can

benobiker
04-11-07, 04:20 PM
HI, my name is muppet and I managed to gently lowside my bike yesterday on wet grass having misjudged a bend!

Only damage is light and cosmetic to my eye for the bike and ego for the tw*t rider!

Does anyone have expereience of telling if a bike is actually bent, damaged? I would much appriciate some thoughts /experience, all rides fine, feels like anyhow but obviously want to be sure?

Or if any kind soul is passing near malmesbury and has an eye for judging these things would also be much appriciated.

Also if anyone knows of a mint gsx-r 1100 wr in grey / black that has fairings up for grabs that would be great too.

Ta v much.

Ben.

FJ_Biker
04-11-07, 05:04 PM
The main thing is your ok.

If it was a low speed off I would not be that worried. But for piece of mind you could take it to a garage / tyre shop that has laser wheel alignment, tell them what happened and get them to check it out.

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/lasertrack.shtml I had my FJ tested on the same kit this company uses and found my wheels to be out of alignment but the frame fine this was fine after a 50MPH slide down the road.

benobiker
04-11-07, 06:42 PM
ah ta, well she is a girt big old girl so she should take it, yeah, feel like a tw*t as it was totally avoidable and bike will never now look like it did as you cannto get new fairings i think .. which is a total C U next tuesday but guess i will just have not to be so precious about it! First ever proper fall off and hope its the last, total rider error!

igbell
05-11-07, 11:28 AM
The other way it to get yourself a long piece of wood that you know is straight and place it against the wheels when it is standing with both feet on the ground and this will give you a slight insight into the case of a bent bike.
This is a easy way to test a bike if you are buying a 2nd hand bike.

benobiker
05-11-07, 08:41 PM
thanks for that, am sure she is not but worth a check!

kaka
08-11-07, 10:40 PM
Hi Beno

Sorry to see you had a off,that WAS one clean bike,it may match mine now,

I went side on into a tyre wall at Castle Combe (dont know if i told you) six years ago & never got bike checked but has been fine ever since (i think so )so i imagine yor beast will prob be ok.

May be good to check forks but as it was not a front impact will prob be ok

But as you say it is for your peace of mind,do what you feel is appropriate

glad you are ok though

benobiker
12-11-07, 11:41 PM
Hi mate hows it going, no i didnt realise . All back together again, goign to get the fairing re done in march time when i can afford it, know it is a little cold but you fancy another blast? Give me a shout if you do.

kaka
13-11-07, 09:44 PM
Hi Ben,Yes i would be up for a blast we will have to arrange a day but usually Sun morns would be best for me due to babysitting duties & work.

Looking at calander 25th if you are free if not another day or eve if you dont mind the dark,maybe a run to one of the bike nights to see if anyone is around

benobiker
14-11-07, 10:50 AM
sounds cool, cant do the 25th alas as have pre booked in the mutha of alll hangovers, but yeah happy to ride in the dark, or another sunday, probably put my lights on though given my recent riding skills demo. ;D :o

kaka
14-11-07, 08:26 PM
lights on that takes all the fun away ::)

benobiker
16-11-07, 12:35 PM
who said that.??