PDA

View Full Version : Neck ache

sburv
10-03-08, 09:03 PM
Having learned to ride on a Honda XR125, Taken my test on a CG125, Then progressed to a CB250, I have now taken the a leap to what I would call my first proper big bike and got myself a really nice looking Kawasaki Ninja 600. There are a whole world of differences to this bike to my previous bikes and I am taking it very steady I can assure you.
Going from the sit up and beg type bikes I've had in the past to a sports bike I'm begining to get a touch of neck ache. My calf muscles are also giving me a bit of jip.

Is this a common problem? Just my body using muscles I never knew I had maybe? ;D

gravelrash
10-03-08, 09:27 PM
Yep, perfectly normal. Suprised your wrists arent achy too.
Grow a big belly, rest it on the tank to take the weight, helps immensly. ;)
Its just a change of position, body does get used to it. Can to fine tune the bike? i.e. rotate the levers a bit, reset the angle of the foot brake and gear lever. Little adjustments do make a difference.
Oh and get friendly with a good osteopath! :-X

Ade

igbell
10-03-08, 09:36 PM
Or do like so of us do and buy bikes that still have a bit of go but are nice to your body.
All of my bikes have been softer to the body, hence why I have a VFR.

sburv
10-03-08, 10:30 PM
Well its good to know its not just me. I might try a few minor adjustments at the weekend if I get time. Seeing as I'm having a bit of a moan, some better weather would go a miss either lol :)

Kevinb
11-03-08, 09:30 AM
My MT-01 vibrates so much your wrists ache after about 30 miles. The answer kick it down a gear and let the adrenaline kick in.
Honest officer I was only speeding because my wrists ached doesn't seem to work though. My Bonnie's better, more relaxed sat up, it only needs a screen to relieve the wind blast (but that would look ugly)

Cheers

Kev

FJ_Biker
12-03-08, 08:08 PM
The only time I ever rode a ninja 600 I found it heavy on the wrist (I’m sure I would get used to it with time). But on the plus side they have very good engines I’ve known people get 80 000 miles out of them.

Ladyridercymru
13-03-08, 04:20 PM
I know this might sound daft.. but could you be tense?

Whenyou tense your muscles become stiff...
If its a new bike, and a new riding position it is possible that your are not relaxing your shoulders and back when riding.

My advice would be to take some deep breaths, shrug your shoulders and make a few neck movements and settle.
Go into the corners with your shoulders dropped and turn your head to face the direction you are going...

Dont know if it will help, but its worth a try.