PDA

View Full Version : Be Seen Be Safe

kband1250
19-09-07, 01:22 PM
Ok it might not be your cup of tea,and not so sure on the legal side of things but it works for me. I fitted some blue l.e.d side light bulbs ( from halfords approx a tenner the pair ) in the front of my new bandit 1250 instead of the original white ones. And ever since found that traffics parts for you like the red sea did for moses especially when filtering and in general moves over for you considerably more even in daylight hours perhaps they think iam the old bill as they glance in their rear view mirror,what ever the reasons it makes car drivers more aware of you and adds that little bit of fun to you ride. I also took it a step further and added a little block of 3 blue l. e. d s that i got of a mate underneath the main headlamp siliconed to the underside of the fairing now they really move out of the way. I know one thing i would rather get a slap on the wrist from the police for it than get wiped out by some muppet in a car that hasnt noticed me any day.So as i say it works for me

mike
20-09-07, 09:16 PM
Agree with what you're saying re 'better a bollocking than death'. Plod will not be amused though! ;D

Amante_271
21-09-07, 07:12 AM
Sounds like a cool idea, tho just be carefull if you decide to go for two tone air horns!! Yellow and blue fluroescent squares in the paint job might be pushing it too!!! LOL!! ;D

bobthecod
23-09-07, 02:33 PM
This has got to be worth a go, if not just from a saftey point of view but also i would be interested to find out what the "Boys in Blue" (pardon the punn) have to say.

Kevinb
24-09-07, 05:22 PM
Aren't you going to upset and slow other bikers down when they look in their mirrors and see blue lights?
I know I wouldn't be impressed

Cheers

Kev

Amante_271
25-09-07, 06:31 AM
Mite not be a bad idea with some tho Kev!!
:)

jj
25-09-07, 09:09 PM
have to say would not be happy to see those lights coming up behind me....

kband1250
26-09-07, 02:09 PM
Point taken dont want to upset other bikers,dont worry dead easy to sort will be wiring in a switch asap so can be turned off behind other bikes and plod is around and on at other appropiate times should keep everyone happy.

RE03
26-09-07, 05:00 PM
have to say would not be happy to see those lights coming up behind me....

Feeling guilty??? ;) ;) ;)

We need all the help we can get nowadays I reckon 8-)

...can never have enuff LEDS.... 8-)

crispynoodle
22-05-08, 09:19 PM
Watch yaself matey, uncle plodders will give you a bit of a ear bashing as you should only be showing white forward not including indicators, you know what they're like love 'em....... ;)