PDA

View Full Version : fluid level check

Iceman
08-07-08, 08:53 PM
Anyone here got a CBR600F4 2000 model?I need to check the water fluid level but cant find the reservior anywhere.Surely I should not have to strip down the fairing to do a routine check?

Iceman
08-07-08, 11:16 PM
Ok,I gather no ones got one then? :-/ I'll have to remove the fairing then.Probably find that it doesnt have an expansion tank after all that!lol

hotdog
09-07-08, 12:11 AM
The following URL might provide the info you need. Sorry I can't help directly but I have no idea.

http://www.de-pc.net/paginas/manuals/honda.htm

Regards,

Iceman
09-07-08, 08:38 AM
Burger, Ok.thanks for that link mate.

r1rebel
09-07-08, 05:49 PM
i tried the link and nothing came up. youcould try typing in your model and year on google and looking up a service manual or there is a cbr owners website!! 8-)

hotdog
09-07-08, 06:31 PM
i tried the link and nothing came up. youcould try typing in your model and year on google and looking up a service manual or there is a cbr owners website!! 8-)

Huh? That link lists many older Honda service manuals.

hotdog
09-07-08, 08:24 PM
Just in case you can't download the entire manual I think the attached should help. According to this you can check the level through the slot in the right lower fairing panel but must remove the panel if it needs topping up. Hope that helps.

Iceman
09-07-08, 09:22 PM
Ive got the manual downloaded(100Mb) and sifting through it. I looked at that pic you posted and my bike but all you can see is the rad and lid.there is no inspection window that I can see only all metal and the cyclinder wall.And you do indeed need to remove the top fairing to top up.I looked at a 2001 model and that had an expansion tank next to the rear shocker!Not my bike! :-/

hotdog
09-07-08, 10:07 PM
I wonder if a previous owner moved the expansion tank to make it easier to get at... and only they now know where it is? One of those manuals should cover it.

Regards,

Iceman
09-07-08, 10:11 PM
Burger, checked the manual and it agrees with your pic.Must be me looking in the wrong place in the dark.Will check tomorrow. Thanks for your help mate.By the way,the downloaded manual is great.Miles better than the Haynes manuals.It covers everthing in detail,right down to every last relay and breather pipe. Brilliant