PDA

View Full Version : yamaha handlebar problem

flyingosca
01-04-08, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone.
Its been a while since I posted and annoyed you all with my questions asking for help with my Yamaha xj900 trike which is now 99.9% ready for the test. Its booked in on April 12 and it will pass so I'll be on the road soon!
I want to ask if anyone out there knows how I can swop the existing handlebars which are individually bolted down into the forks for a decent set of chopper style bars to bring the controls a little closer and get rid of the need to lean forward all the time.
Can anyone suggest how I might swop or adapt the handlebars to accommodate some decent bars?

FJ_Biker
03-04-08, 03:51 PM
I know it’s not any help but it looks like you will have to get custom parts made up for this.

flyingosca
03-04-08, 08:50 PM
yes, it looks that way. I've searched everywhere and there does'nt seem to be anything out there that will do the job. I have an idea or two though.......... thanks. I'll keep you posted!

Amante_271
02-06-08, 08:46 PM
Any updates? Are you on the road yet?

FJ_Biker
11-06-08, 08:39 PM
As Andrew says how’s the trike?

Obzy
23-06-08, 11:46 PM
try www.mandp.com - they seem to have shedloads of bits and bobs

flyingosca
27-07-08, 06:18 PM
thanks guys, I'll give mandp.com a try. As far as getting on the roand is concerned, see my other post re immobiliser.
The T**t I bought the bike from said it was 'road legal' and because my heart was ruling my head when I bought my baby I checked his address on the V5 but it didn't cross my mind to check the taxation class so although my baby has passed its MOT class III I now have the fun and games of a MSVA test to look forward to and for that I have to have an immobiliser - F knows why!!!

flyingosca
28-07-08, 11:21 AM
Now I DON'T need an immobiliser, an isolator switch will do the job.
that's more like it!