PDA

View Full Version : TRE on Suzukis

crispynoodle
22-05-08, 08:10 PM
Here's a question for brains amongst us, I'm thinking about getting a "timing retard eliminator" for my SV1000 as I've been told this sorts out a well known surging between 4000-5000 rpm anyone heard if these work?

crispynoodle
23-05-08, 11:10 PM
Fitted it, bit fiddley with the plugs under the tank but woohoo!!!!! what a difference, I wouldn't say it's more powerful but it's more responsive and doesn't seem to hunt anymore, good thing is if all goes pear shaped the thing unplugs and you'd never know it was there Mr Suzuki warranty chap......

jonnydangerous
06-06-08, 09:49 AM
I have one that i made myself (its only a transistor and a resistor!) on my gsxr, it tricks it into thinking its in 5th gear when its in any gear, and being transistorised it knows when its in neutral so it leaves the fuel timing and fueling map for idle alone. it sorted out the low speed stumble and just seems a bit smoother, only works on the first quarter throttle though (as they all do) so dont expect power gains abouve this.

i have the plans still somewhere but the SV/TL engine will require a different resistor value than the gsxr.......

blademansw
21-08-08, 08:12 AM
I have one that i made myself (its only a transistor and a resistor!) on my gsxr, it tricks it into thinking its in 5th gear when its in any gear, and being transistorised it knows when its in neutral so it leaves the fuel timing and fueling map for idle alone. it sorted out the low speed stumble and just seems a bit smoother, only works on the first quarter throttle though (as they all do) so dont expect power gains abouve this.

i have the plans still somewhere but the SV/TL engine will require a different resistor value than the gsxr.......
Made no difference to my full power 97 TL :) But they do have a big effect on the later TL's/SV's gixxers etc

paddee
02-10-08, 11:11 AM
got one on me V-Strom
Indeed a little more responsive.
But I seem to have a bit more backfiring.
so much the other day, it blew out the rubber collar from carb body to piston. :(

But it might be just coincidence?