PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

Dabz
04-12-08, 08:20 PM
Don't know if there are any technical Gods who could help with a little bit of work on my bike over the winter? There's no rush, just anytime between now and spring lol..

My swingarm paint is bubbling (was starting when I got the bike and has gotten worse). I need to get it painted or powder coated this winter ideally before it gets any worse. I wouldn't have the first clue how to remove the swingarm though..and probably don't have the right tools either (gonna need to leave the bike on a jack of some kind while it's away being sprayed?).

So...if anyone can help removing and refitting a swingarm, let me know! I'm more than happy to pay in cash or beer or eternal gratitude lol :P

Amante_271
04-12-08, 09:21 PM
Best advice is have a word with Thunderbird, but dont hog his expertese as hes still required! ;)

Seriously Steve is a top bloke! 8-)

6T
04-12-08, 10:53 PM
Best advice is have a word with Thunderbird, but dont hog his expertese as hes still required! ;)

Seriously Steve is a top bloke! 8-)
nice to feel wanted :-/ i could spray your swing arm for you Dabs but it would be a longer lasting finish if you were to get it stove enameled or powder coated but if your happy to have it sprayed and laquered let me know, i will be spraying thunderbird 2 soon my next rebuild but untill all the parts are painted and ready for assembly you could borrow my bike jack as i wont need it until i am ready to build the bike.if your able to get another wb member to help remove your swingarm that would be good i am a little tied for time at the moment with my own project and theres some demanding bloke with a trike project ;D ;D cheers steve