PDA

View Full Version : Visor advice..

rach4444
07-12-08, 08:16 PM
Hi all,
I need some advice on a tinted visor for my Box Wired Helmet.
I bought a stick on one, but can see more of my own reflection rather than the road.

Can anyone advise where I can buy a replacement tinted visor. Ive looked around the Internet but am not sure whats legal or not.

Thanks.
Rachel

Davey
07-12-08, 10:14 PM
Just get a race one and make sure you don't wear it at night - the police do turn a blind eye to it in daylight times - I've never been pulled just for my visor

RE03
07-12-08, 11:01 PM
http://www.visorshop.com/box_op_02_box_visors_op_02_visors_1.html

Give 'em a go matey,gd service :)

... and do as Davey says... ;)

rach4444
08-12-08, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the advice.

Ill go for it, but was a bit scared due to the fact Ive already got 9 points on my licence and cant afford to be pulled over for any trivial reason.

The points are for speeding (car) not anything shameful....

I have found a nice helmet which has a tinted inner visor... Anyone have any thoughts? Do you recommend?

Thanks again.

Davey
08-12-08, 09:39 AM
Give us a clue to the helmet and I'll tell you what I think ;) Personally i don't like them if it's what i'm thinking of but I could be thinking along the wrong lines :D

But black visor if you were unlucky enough to get caught isn't an endorsable penalty just a fine iirc

rach4444
08-12-08, 11:47 AM
Thanks, attached is a photo of the helmet.
Let me know what you think.
Rachel

FJ_Biker
08-12-08, 12:41 PM
Rachael wrote

Ill go for it, but was a bit scared due to the fact Ive already got 9 points on my licence and cant afford to be pulled over for any trivial reason.

I don’t think they can give you points for wearing a dark visor, only fine you

Kevinb
09-12-08, 09:29 AM
9 points. Your not related to Andrew are you?

Davey
09-12-08, 09:37 AM
It was what I was thinking of - I do know a few people that swear by that style (not that I know that make) Firstly I would check the safety rating on it and then ensure you try it on. As helmets are funny things - I can wear Arai, Suomy and AGV but not shoei because of the internal shape. Also a couple of others have commened on it being a bit claustrophobic with the 2nd visor down

FJ_Biker
09-12-08, 11:46 AM
Davey’s advice is the best, try on as many crash hats as possible and choose the most comfy and see if you get on with the internal visor.

I am currently using a Caberg Justissimo GT with a flip up front and internal sun visor (30 quid on eBay).

As it is a flip up lid you get a lot more wind noise, I get on well with the internal sun visor.

jack930
09-12-08, 01:44 PM
Hi , when i was looking for a helmet ,it took weeks to find one that fitted and look'd ok,

i also wonted one with a dark visor ,but after seeing some of the prices of lids,i whent and found a HJC IS-16 Type O ,in black with internal visor,
They also do a HJC IS-16 Artfighter in pink £125.00
So far i have no issues with it and the good thing is if you get the sun in your eye's you just flip the sun visor down 8-) .
I beleve Fowlers have this type of helmet,if not try here...

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/IS-16_B22OHW.aspx

But as above look around and try as many on as you can ,,good look

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/trackpad72/HJC-IS-16-Artfighter_165_1142X.jpg

Carbonkid
09-12-08, 01:49 PM
I've recently replaced my Arai for a new one.
My old Arai had a FogCity insert fitted (also a stick on) - the Hypa-Optics one (Light sensitive - automatically tints etc...)
And I've now fitted a new Hyper Optics insert to my new lid because I really do rate them. At £30 they are a bit pricey! but when you think it makes your existing visor an anti-fog visor that also tints in the sun and saving you carrying 2 visors - it's worth every penny... ;)
I also don't see my own refection due to the insert being non-reflective... ;)

Oh, and I believe they're legal...

crewy
09-12-08, 04:20 PM
hi, I got my visor from the visor shop, it's a half tint, but works great. I use some ''muck off'' stuff to clean the visor, and it's also good to help it not steam up, and in the rain the water runs off my helmet rather then staying on my visor.

Snowy
09-12-08, 11:42 PM
I have a Schuberth S1 which has the integral sun visor plus I have a Pinlock visor fitted which just cannot mist up. Since I wear glasses this makes it much easier in that I don't need to switch glasses or carry a different visor with me. Along with heated grips I think the integral sun visor is the best thing since sliced bread.

Best thing though above everything else - make sure your lid fits.