PDA

View Full Version : Help with electrics/wireing

Amante_271
23-03-09, 07:58 AM
Ok I give up!!

Is there anyone who can pop over and give me a hand with sorting out the electrics with Graham the trike! Time and pactience are running out and its really just a bit too much for me to sort out. I cant offer vast amounts of cash - yeah Im skint too! BUT there will be Snr Managements famous BLT baggettes on offer and beer or tea/coffee and my eternal thanks!

PLEASE HELP!! Its so nearly ready for the MOT now!

igbell
24-03-09, 03:01 PM
Sorry dude me and electrics do not go, I had to get my brother in law to help when I had issues....

alanTDM
24-03-09, 10:44 PM
Is it the whole lot or just some of it that needs sorting

Amante_271
25-03-09, 03:58 AM
Is it the whole lot or just some of it that needs sorting
Its just the final bits that need sorting... I wouldnt be that mean!!

Its just where the wires around the headstock got in a mess and trying to put in some back lights for the clocks... maybe a lazy days worth of tinkering! Only other prob is I dont have a multimeter to check the wires as they arent all standard colours!! Any time and help would be greatfully apreciated!!

FJ_Biker
25-03-09, 08:38 AM
Amante I would love to help out but I am pushed for time, I can loan you a millimetre.

Davey
25-03-09, 08:58 PM
Amante I would love to help out but I am pushed for time, I can loan you a millimetre.

I can beat that by lending you a centimetre and a multimeter ;D

ok so I only have a multimeter but more than welcome to borrow it

FJ_Biker
25-03-09, 09:01 PM
oooopppss!!!!

alanTDM
25-03-09, 10:10 PM
My bike is having a exhaust link pipe made up this weekend not sure if be ok for sunday though.Ill keep you posted

Amante_271
26-03-09, 04:03 AM
Thanks guys. Let me know what & when. Im free-ish on Sunday (working Saturday!) but subject to conformation by Snr Management!! :(

alanTDM
05-04-09, 09:37 PM
Called over today about midday to look at his electrics and this is what i was faced with 6 connector blocks linking two left hand switches one for horn and lights the other indicators and driving light switch so about 16 wires all told.
After dumping the block connectors and replacing them with proper ones we made sure everything worked well it did! till headlamps were put on then for some reason they refused to work nowt else either!Grrrr!
2 pm Checked wiring again nowt was changed so couldnt suss out why they weren't working.
After taking the switch apart to find out what wires were what got the driving lights working Hooray! ;D Took friggin ages >:(
Some wires would start one colour and end up a diff one at other end of bike.
Coultdn't understand why the person who done the wiring had two lots of switches as this made everything complicated also found out he has two power sources coming from battry but one is via the ignition switch .Andrew is now dumping the two left hand switches and getting a second hand switch with lights /horn /indicators all in one unit this will cut down the amount of wires by 50% and wil be a lot more straight forward to connect up.
Thanks for the Bagettes very yummy and coffee Andrew.
So if anyone has a spare left hand Lighting/horn /indicator switch lying around can you please get in contact with Andrew.

Amante_271
06-04-09, 07:47 AM
Thanks for your help Alan (Top bloke!) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I did try to warn you the wireing was... er... interesting! But at least Snr Managements now infamous BLT Bagettes were up to standard! (Thanks Sweetie!! :-*)

Does anyone know where theres a LOCAL breaker I can get a LHS Light switch? Breakers seem to be very thin on the ground these days. I will try Joneses in Devizes as I know they have a few bikes lurking round the back.

Once again, thanks for your help Alan.

Kevinb
06-04-09, 01:35 PM
Andrew

There is a bike breakers in Frome

Called suprise suprise
Frome Bike Breakers, Baker St, Frome, Somerset BA11 3BL
01373 453452

Kev

igbell
06-04-09, 09:20 PM
You could always try bike breakers online and they send to you.