PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Holding Tool

alanTDM
23-05-09, 12:24 PM
I need a Clutch holding tool does anybody know where i can hire one from? Seen one for sell but £15,but for about 2mins works out expensive,plus might not need it again

jonnydangerous
26-05-09, 10:08 AM
i never use one, you can hold the inner basket with a gloved hand, and undo the nut in the centre with an air gun or battery nut gun....

if it can wait until after the 2nd June i got one you can use....

alanTDM
26-05-09, 08:31 PM
Hi JD I got it undone ok ! Now i got the gear box and spilt cases back together it needs tightening up to 46ft lb im thinking of making one now reckon it will cost me about £5. :) and then least i got one and can use it on the other bike then if need be.
Its not urgent at the mo but if all fails i'll give you a PM.
Thanks

jonnydangerous
27-05-09, 02:45 PM
can you put it back in the bike and put it in gear, have the chain connected, hold the rear brake....this will lock the input shaft to the output, and will allow you to do up the nut, with the clutch plates out you will only not be able to turn the crank, thats all.....

in gear, chain on, foot on brake, do up nut to 46 foot lbs. eeeeezeeeeey :-)

alanTDM
27-05-09, 07:35 PM
Hi! yea did think of doing it that way JD just that i wanted to get the Top End of engine all complete and clutch all fitted then fit engine to the frame but it can wait though till in the frame.
Thanks for feedback !