PDA

View Full Version : Small dent in Tank :(

alanTDM
04-08-09, 02:23 PM
I need a small dent puller for use on my tank smallest iv seen is about 3" need one bit smaller,does anybody know where i can get one or someone who can fix it!

Amante_271
04-08-09, 05:17 PM
Ooops! What happened?? :o

Ive got a standard solution for problems like this, you take a deep breath and shout as loud as you can...

STEEEVE!!!!!!!!

;) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

alanTDM
04-08-09, 07:05 PM
Ooops! What happened?? :o

Ive got a standard solution for problems like this, you take a deep breath and shout as loud as you can...

STEEEVE!!!!!!!!

;) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Well it was like this just changed cam chain and valve shims that needed replacing and had block of wood under side stand to keep bike more vertical. forgot to move wood,used to much pressure tightening up a bolt, didnt realize and the bike went over on the right and caught the corner of a wall,thought it hit the seat but caught the tank aswell :'(

I did shout out but it wasnt Steveee !!!or any thing like that it was more like ffs $&%£**^" ;D

igbell
05-08-09, 02:39 PM
A dent puller wont get it all out, as to get a good result with one of those they need to be used near enough straight away, then it sometimes does not get the full dent out, plus also it the metal has a crease in it they will not get that out only the type that have been pushed in not creased.

alanTDM
05-08-09, 05:06 PM
Lucky the crease is on a rounded corner edge it just flattened it, so it dosnt notice that much, but need the slight dent pulled out so i can repair paint before it starts to flake and get worse .