PDA

View Full Version : Bike Alarm removal in Swindon

schwee
21-06-09, 10:20 PM
Anyone know a decent bloke to remove my Datatool alarm from my trackbike? How much will it cost and am I likely to be able to sell the alarm on again afterwards or does it involve wire cutting?

ONFIRE
21-06-09, 10:59 PM
Anyone know a decent bloke to remove my Datatool alarm from my trackbike? How much will it cost and am I likely to be able to sell the alarm on again afterwards or does it involve wire cutting?

Shelley, this is generally very difficult unless you know who fitted it. It's really not that straight forward.

Best bet is to go back to the dealer who had it fitted, perhaps they might be able to give you the contact details of the fitter...as they all have there own individual way of fitting them ::)

schwee
24-06-09, 10:16 PM
I know it's gonna be difficult, all the 'fake' wires etc...

Mar1k
24-06-09, 11:07 PM
i have done a few , not that hard but some need a bit of soldering
all origanal wires are coloured and the alarm wires from the alarm box are all black , you just follow the wires and remove were they have been joined, this is were the soldering comes in.
most can be removed easy, the hardest bit is removing all the bodywork to get to all the wires.

but if in doubt let a workshop do it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FJ_Biker
25-06-09, 07:23 AM
Tri-state in Chippenham used to design and manufacture bike alarms, they now do maintenance
(01249) 464650

jonnydangerous
25-06-09, 01:21 PM
I agree with Mar1k, not that hard ( i did it a few weeks ago in the car park at the sally with a steak knife and second hand sticky tape)!!!...

it was a data tool veto evo 3, imm/alarm.

like Mar1k says, your originals will be colour coded (the alarm ones will all be black) , simply trace them back and snip/join again.

took me half an hour?.......

what bike and where do you live? can you get it to Tidworth if you get stuck???....

jaydee.

IanTasker
05-07-09, 12:10 PM
Tri-state in Chippenham used to design and manufacture bike alarms, they now do maintenance
(01249) 464650

Top bloke too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FJ_Biker
05-07-09, 03:45 PM
Ian glad you are sorted

G_-_Whizz
04-08-09, 07:27 PM
I removed my datatool S4 after Taylors (ex Chippenham) made a total bodge of my wiring loom.
Luckily it was easy to spot the untidy masking tape that covered the joints.
£100 for the "fitting", and £75 for a replacement loom. Glad they've shut.
And they scraped my can, while they were at it.

furry-TLR
07-08-09, 04:51 PM
If it's a gixxer/Suzuki I'll do it...make me an offer? (via PM msg)

I'm in sunny swindon too :)

schwee
13-08-09, 12:14 PM
A crate of beer ?? :P

furry-TLR
09-09-09, 12:55 AM
Would do but I don't drink :( lol