PDA

View Full Version : IAM promotion - new Yamaha bike

Ducatista
18-02-10, 11:48 AM
Just wanted to let people know that that the IAM are currently running a promotion where someone will win a new Yamaha bike (worth £11,500).
You have to pass your IAM test by the end of August, but that's quite acheivable IF you get moving now.

I know that lots of people have a vague intention of doing it sometime but it often takes some sort of trigger for people to actually start the process. I know some people in the past have been triggererd by price rises and have signed up before the increase. I put it off for a couple of years and was then triggered by a price increase.

There will be hundreds of people passing their test this year, but those odds seem quite attractive to me compared with a lot of competitions.

You can sign up via this the link on this page.
http://www.iam.org.uk/yamaha/

So it you are thinking of doing it sometime anyway, then now might be a good time.

Robf
18-02-10, 02:13 PM
But we’re not just giving it away!

We believe a fantastic prize like this should only go to a fantastic rider. So we’re inviting all finalists to take part in a skills day assessment programme held during September and October 2010.

We will then award the prize to the rider we feel demonstrates the most skill
on two wheels!
But remember, the assessment will be looking for riders demonstrating the best skill and control – not just those wearing out their knee sliders!

Ducatista
18-02-10, 02:38 PM
There is a reason that it's not a random draw and this is because lgeally you have to allow anyone to enter (no purchase required) and that was undesireable.

The first stage of the assesement (if selected) is on a UK track and the second part is with a top examiner (the guys who examine the examiners), so the assesment itself would be very worthwhile for anyone that gets the opportunity.