PDA

View Full Version : TSX 50 MX?

Bennett
17-02-10, 03:37 PM
So, is my beautiful (kinda), Suzuki TSX 50 suitable for Motocross?
;) :D

The fact its got an off-road license mean it is? or is that just saying, yeah it'll get stuck, but you can take it out if you want.
? :-/

wiltshire builders
17-02-10, 06:23 PM
The TSX is a road bike with lights, indicators, and a stand. It is also shod with road tyres which on wet mud or even grass with soon have you stuck. The shocks are also for road use. You might get away with green lanes in the dry but i think you're likely end up with a knackered bike or a knackered set of knackers.

If you're determined to try it you'd be better off with an enduro bike with a bit more punch and get some proper kit too.

Bennett
17-02-10, 08:43 PM
Alright, cool thanks, Can't wait untill I'm 17 :(

jonnydangerous
19-02-10, 12:44 PM
motocross or green laning?
id previously said give me a shout about offroading sometime.
i had a mate who used a tsx50 for green laning and a mate on a dt50mx...they both did really well.

green laning isnt about power, its about control of the bike, finding grip and keeping it going.

a road legal tsx50 would be an excellent way of beginning offroading.
il send you my phone number for a chat if you like.
youre welcome to come along sometime, and we will do an easy day to start off with and see if you like offroading.

jaydee.

vtmike
19-02-10, 01:15 PM
I had a TS 50 X a few years ago. And used to take it round my mates motorcross course, and onto salisbury plane.
But expect to be doing lots of maintenance.

Bennett
19-02-10, 02:05 PM
Yeah, thanks, Chuck me your number and Ill give you a call sometime.

Sadly, Just failed MOT, only 16 so cant afford spare parts right away but I have a spare at a family friends house and Ill see if it can be salvaged.