PDA

View Full Version : What can shall I fit on my bike

DaytonaDog
30-03-10, 11:10 PM
Hi peeps

I currently have a standard can on my Daytona but am thinking of upgrading it. I have done some research and I have read that certain exhausts require the ECU being retuned. Is this correct, and what exhaust would you recommend that doesn't require a retune.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Mark_Able
31-03-10, 12:17 PM
You'll probably find an exhaust like Akropovic won't need alterations if you keep the road legal baffle in. I've got an Akropovic on my FZ1 and it sounds much better even with the road legal baffle in. To be honest, it's a bit too noisey with the baffles out anyway. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kevinb
31-03-10, 01:29 PM
Akropovic (great exhaust)
MT-01 nice if a little loud with the baffles out.

Uber Dave
31-03-10, 05:57 PM
I have an Akropovic on my R6 as well, looks awesome, build quality is amazing and sounds incredible with the baffles out, got a couple of comments on it actually on the last WB rideout because of the sound it made.

DaytonaDog
31-03-10, 07:04 PM
According to the Akrapovic website it would appear they don't produce an exhaust for my bike.

Mark_Able
31-03-10, 07:39 PM
According to the Akrapovic website it would appear they don't produce an exhaust for my bike.

Oh dear... :-[

I know Micron used to, but whether you can find one is another matter (they've gone out of business). You might be lucky and find one in a Triumph dealer. Worth a ring round.

For best advice on Trumpets, try ringing Jack Lilley in Shepperton. They are well known Triumph stockist/dealer/tuner.

DaytonaDog
31-03-10, 07:46 PM
That's were I bought the bike from so that would be a very good call. Really impressed with them.

Geordie Stu
31-03-10, 07:59 PM
Take a Look in Members Gallery just fitted a Mivv GP. I ride a Kwak Z750 which is also fitted with an ECU.

After much research I took off the cables to the ECU fitted the exhaust & no problems. THe fuel injection doesn't come on, I ckecjed with Kwak dealer 7 they recommended a blanking plate to stop the valve travelling too far but all seems OK [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sounds great now no baffle :D

Mark_Able
31-03-10, 08:09 PM
That's were I bought the bike from so that would be a very good call. Really impressed with them.

Yeah, they used to be round the corner from me when I lived in Surrey. They were the first Triumph dealer to get involved in the racing scene when the new Triumphs came along. Years of experience, so really know their stuff... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DaytonaDog
31-03-10, 10:46 PM
What about a beowolf, a carbon one is 200 quid and doesn't require retuning or remapping apparently

Geordie Stu
01-04-10, 07:34 AM
I have bewolf look & sound good. If they fit you & it's within budget then buy my friend. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Don't forget the pic's & show us [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
01-04-10, 07:51 PM
Make sure it improves the performance, or at least keeps it the same. Some cans actually decrease performance. It might look nice, but it ain't no good if someone on an identical bike blows yer wheels off... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
02-04-10, 01:12 PM
HAve a look on the triumph owners lub website. Someone on there will know where to go.

slowr1der
02-04-10, 01:19 PM
scorpion cans are cheap and well made and I didn't need to remap the ecu on the 750