PDA

View Full Version : Bike Recovery Required

CBRowner
03-04-10, 12:07 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had a van, suitable for putting a bike in the back, that I can borrow for a few hours so that I can collect my bike from Staffordshire?

If anyone can help or can spare the time, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

finbar
03-04-10, 04:53 PM
I think they might want paying as well...just a suggestion! :-/

CBRowner
03-04-10, 09:04 PM
I think they might want paying as well...just a suggestion! :-/

Obviously I'd pay for the recovery.

It's ridable but I'd rather I didn't until I've put the new tyres on.

igbell
04-04-10, 08:33 PM
Sorry my van is a little Kangaroo (Renault Kango) no bike would fit inside.

Ducatista
05-04-10, 08:54 AM
If anyone is looking for a recovery policy in future I can recommend this one

http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

It's pay n claim which means you have to claim the money back, but anecdotal reports are good, you jsut send off the invoice and get a cheque back in the post. But don't take it if you don't have a credit card and have no money to pay up front.

It's platinum cover which means it includes - at home, rescue, recovery and onward travel.

It covers spouses (married or civil partnership) but NOT cohabitees.
If you're married it covers all your vehicles (both cars and bikes) but NOT small bikes.

A cracking policy for £37.
No connection, just a cracking deal.

Roll_on
05-04-10, 09:54 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had a van, suitable for putting a bike in the back, that I can borrow for a few hours so that I can collect my bike from Staffordshire?

Do you have a vehicle that can tow a trailer.

CBRowner
05-04-10, 10:24 AM
Hi All,

Do you have a vehicle that can tow a trailer.

I don't have a vehicle that can tow but I should be able to sort something out.

I tried to ride it back last thursday but was stopped by the police at the petrol station and he informed me that I was breaking the law riding the bike because it was on foreign plates and my tyres were boarderline. I was on my way to pick up some new tyres on the way to my MOT at the time and now the bike's still in Stafford, the MOT's in Trowbridge and the tyres are in my house in Westbury :(

slowr1der
05-04-10, 11:15 AM
uv bought a foreign registered bike? May I ask what bike it is and how did u go about insuring a foreign registered bike?

if the police said the tyres are borderline well then they are not illegal are they otherwise they would have surely said they are illegal......1mm tread that's all u need

CBRowner
05-04-10, 08:12 PM
uv bought a foreign registered bike? May I ask what bike it is and how did u go about insuring a foreign registered bike?

if the police said the tyres are borderline well then they are not illegal are they otherwise they would have surely said they are illegal......1mm tread that's all u need

I think the copper needed to write something in his note pad that day and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's more than 1mm of tread on the rear and the front one looks almost brand new.

My insurance company's an English one in Gibraltar that has allowed me, at a cost, to use my bike, in the UK, over the 90 day's allowance. My problem is that my bike's taken a little longer than I'd hoped to get sorted. I was heading back to Wiltshire at the time to get my bike in for an MOT before I got it re-registered at the DVLA office in Bristol. The police man informed me that because I'd imported it, I was technically riding it without insurance, tax and a valid MOT, all of which I still have. I was informed that I was lucky to be leaving the petrol station with my licence, let alone my bike :(

slowr1der
05-04-10, 08:38 PM
so did he report u for anything?

CBRowner
05-04-10, 08:44 PM
so did he report u for anything?

Nope, just jotted down my name in his note pad and told me that he didn't want to see me riding it again >:(

RE03
05-04-10, 09:01 PM
Weekend any good matey?

CBRowner
05-04-10, 09:04 PM
I can do any day and any time this weekend :)

Send me a PM and I'll give you some details [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
08-04-10, 06:38 PM
Thanks to all those that have offered to recover my poor bike.

I've taken Rob, RE03, up on his offer [smiley=thumbsup.gif]