PDA

View Full Version : Paint Restoration

CBRowner
08-04-10, 07:12 PM
Hello all,

I'm trying to restore my bike, as some of you may well know, but the paint work on the fairing has faded and is making the appearance of the bike look dull.

I was going to completely respray the bike but I quite like the original CBR colours and would like to keep it as original as possible but it's taken quite a few nasty knocks and could do with restoring or someone who can respray it to the original colours.

If anyone knows of any product out there or someone who can restore it for me, could you let me know so that I don't have to ride round on my tired looking bike :'(

Cheers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
09-04-10, 11:25 AM
depends on whether the finish is:-
1. Original Paint
2. stickers
3 repainted panels
4. gel-coat on fibreglass.

each will require a seperate plan of attack.....

best advice is to use the finest "deglasing compound" you can find (a product called G10 by farecla....search ebay or a local car paint shop), and really take your time....
do all the work by hand and dont be tempted to use power polishers incase the stickers dont like it!.

CBRowner
10-04-10, 05:18 PM
It's the original paint work on the bike and there's no stickers.

I don't really want to respray it because I'd like to keep the bike as original as possible but I don't want to ride round on a bike that's been dropped and looks like someone, with sandpaper, got angry with it.

I looked at it earlier, whilst cleaning it, and it doesn't seem a hard job touching up the scuffs but that won't solve the faded problems :(