PDA

View Full Version : ScottOiler

igbell
11-06-07, 01:02 PM
Has anybody come across an easier way to fill a ScottOiler yet, I spent 15mins standing there squeezing the bottle to get the oil into the Oiler.

Could anybody tell me if they have found a easier way to do this please??? :)

Dabz
11-06-07, 01:11 PM
Hmm I just squeeze the bottle, takes me about 30 secs usually!

igbell
11-06-07, 01:25 PM
How do you get it to flow so quick then??
I turn the dial to the correct position and then have to keep squeezing and let it breath and squeeze again.
What am I doing wrong??

Ladyridercymru
11-06-07, 02:12 PM
Is it a matter of how you squeeze?
I mean is a case of a gentle squeeze ... long and slow allowing the oil to warm up in your hands first allowing a more local flow of liquid?

Or is it

A sharp tug, a quick yank and bobs your uncle?

Its all very technical innit! :P

igbell
11-06-07, 02:34 PM
Is it just me or did that sound dirty to anybody elese??

Dabz
11-06-07, 03:49 PM
I think she was indenting it to sound that way ;)

I just unplug the breather pipe, insert the tube and squeeze, one squeeze usually fills the reservoir!

igbell
11-06-07, 04:03 PM
Right I am doing something wrong here then......God namb it. >:(
I am going to have to meet up with you Dabz and have a chat about this I thinks.

Ladyridercymru
11-06-07, 04:44 PM
You both have dirty minds! ;)

Or intended to have them anyway! lol

Good luck with your scotoiler.. wish I could get one to fit my bike.. but its a complicated issue!

igbell
11-06-07, 04:59 PM
I am sure if you bring it round I can squeeze it in for you :o and the scottoiler Oh Err. ;D

I sure it would fit, dont they make one you can slap behind the rear numberplate?? This way anybody can fit one, even if you have no room under your seat.

Silverrider
11-06-07, 06:00 PM
Never had any problem filling mine. It's all in the wrist action ;)

Ghost
11-06-07, 10:57 PM
I sure it would fit, dont they make one you can slap behind the rear numberplate?? This way anybody can fit one, even if you have no room under your seat.

Yes they do, A pal had one on his Harley

Dabz
12-06-07, 08:29 AM
they have a bigger 'touring' reservoir that can fit behind the numberplate..I use the smaller tube sized one under the seat. I'm far too lazy to lube my chain so it's the perfect solution for me!

Ladyridercymru
12-06-07, 09:01 AM
I want one that wont be visible.
I looked at the tube flow one (doesnt have a resevoir as such) but it looked as though it wasn't as efficient as the others on the market.

Anyone else got an 07 plated CBR600R with one fitted let me know will ya! I wanna have a peak! ;)

igbell
12-06-07, 09:33 AM
How much space do you have under your seat?? as mine takes up the space of a normal sized mobile phone.
I got the boys at Biketreads to fit it as I did not want to fiddeling with the V4 of my engine, I fixed it to all my other bikes with no issues, like to my CB500 and the Yammy Div 900 and such.

Ladyridercymru
12-06-07, 09:40 AM
That's the trouble.. its very slim under the seat and the scotoiler wont fit under it.
There was the option of placing it behind the rear foot peg, but it stuck out like a sore thumb!
There is a tube version but noone has fitted one to a 07 CBR600 as yet so the are not sure of the reliability of it.
I was going to get GW's to fit it as that is where I purchased the bike from... but as yet Andy hasnt had a chance to try it on one of the showroom models before he has a go at mine.

igbell
12-06-07, 09:48 AM
Good option, wait until they have tried it on one of there bikes before they install it on yours.
Dont want yours popping a clog or something cos they have not done it right or something. :'(
Also the tube version to me looks a bit ugly, but if it can be hidden then it should be ok. :)
Have you had a word with ScottOiler and see what they say, I had a prob with mine and the young lady up there gave me a helping hand and we sorted all the issues out, she was Great ;)

Dabz
12-06-07, 09:48 AM
I bearly have any space under my seat but managed to get the scottoiler to fit - it's worth a try

marcmywordz
12-06-07, 11:17 PM
If you go on the Scottoiler web page they have fitting instructions for most bikes(with pics)
I used the site when fitting mine and found it very good...
My bike is a Suzuki GSR600 and the bike was a new model and they still had all the GSR fittings instructions..

bobf279
12-06-07, 11:21 PM
My lad has one fitted under the seat of his CBR600F and you can't see it at all

bubbafred
14-06-07, 02:02 PM
well every bike i have had has had a scott oiler so if you are having problems let me know, if it has run dry or filling it for the first time, try filling it from the other end, it has always worked.
plus the feeder has an opening this opening should be pointing out otherwise the hole can fil up with debris, and block it, its a very common mistake to make.

Ch1d
14-03-10, 10:40 PM
Don't know if this will be seen or not. I have the same issue re-filing my scottOiler - Only even worse! Oil goes everywhere and just a bit in the RMV. How the hell do you fill these this. What was the solution. Thanks for any info. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

finbar
15-03-10, 10:13 PM
If you come over to my place (bring your oil!) in Calne this saturday I will show you. Maybe you can take nokesy shopping too while she waits for her battery to charge. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ch1d
15-03-10, 10:22 PM
Love to. But it's a bit far as I'm in Wolverhampton :( I've been on the Scottoiler site and got everything connected up right. The oil doesn't seem to want to flow into the RMV. It's lying at an angle of about 30 degrees on the seat frame. Does it need to be vertical to re-fill? Thanks for any help. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
15-03-10, 10:23 PM
If you come over to my place (bring your oil!) in Calne this saturday I will show you. Maybe you can take nokesy shopping too while she waits for her battery to charge. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't want to go shopping - not sure what else to do though with 5-6 hrs of bikeless time! :(

finbar
16-03-10, 12:06 AM
I might have a battery that would fit your bike so you could go for a ride while it charges, it was fitted to a suzuki gsxr 750.

Are you cute? ;) ;D

Uber Dave
16-03-10, 12:08 PM
Are you cute? ;) ;D

Subtle as a brick to the face Fin!

finbar
16-03-10, 10:27 PM
Why thank you! ;D

Kevinb
17-03-10, 10:00 AM
Be afraid. Does he have a lock on his attic door. I've heard about people from Calne. My brother lives there and Amante! ;)

Chappers
18-03-10, 11:32 AM
Love to. But it's a bit far as I'm in Wolverhampton :( I've been on the Scottoiler site and got everything connected up right. The oil doesn't seem to want to flow into the RMV. It's lying at an angle of about 30 degrees on the seat frame. Does it need to be vertical to re-fill? Thanks for any help. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

give them a ring - you'll save a lot of time and hassle [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
18-03-10, 12:13 PM
I might have a battery that would fit your bike so you could go for a ride while it charges, it was fitted to a suzuki gsxr 750.

Are you cute? ;) ;D

So, I could just take the battery out the bike and drive it over to you and collect it later?!

I'd say 'cute' is more a word for kittens and puppies! ;D

finbar
18-03-10, 09:47 PM
I love kittens! ;D

wilmer
23-03-10, 09:46 AM
Try using a syringe and a small length of clear tube, brilliant for topping up your engine oil, forkoil etc. Also read this months ride mag for a test on chain oilers, it might save you some time and money [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
04-05-10, 09:33 PM
Did you get this sorted ?
If not all you do is remove the large rubber bung with the breather tube attached and refill through the hole.

Once filled up replace rubber bung, job done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And for refernce mine is fitted to the rear subframe on my fz6 :)

bobf279
04-05-10, 10:13 PM
If not all you do is remove the large rubber bung with the breather tube attached and refill through the hole.

Once filled up replace rubber bung, job done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

:)

I was begining to wonder if I was the only one trying to work out how you could spill oil and not fill the RMV.

StreetHippo
05-05-10, 01:46 AM
That's how I do it too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Stu

igbell
06-05-10, 10:30 PM
Sweet cheers will try that then