PDA

View Full Version : Brands hatch info anyone?

Richzx10r
07-05-10, 10:06 PM
Having just purchased a trailer to haul my bike to trackdays im wondering if anyone has ridden the brands before and has words of wisdom concerning it.
Only other track i have ridden is silverstone and brands is one i definately want to do.All i have been warned about so far is a few off camber corners.
Info greatly appreciated.
O and its the full GP circuit

Scotty
07-05-10, 10:38 PM
Absolutely brilliant circuit, equal 2nd fave with Anglesey (Cadwell's first). It's the most expensive in the country but for your money you get a top track and free garages and power.
I don't recall any particularly off-camber corners, except Westfield maybe - on my first couple of visits there I really loved that corner and yes it was slightly off-camber but very fast and grippy and you could get a great drift across the track from the inside - last time I went (2 years ago) a big bump had appeared on the entry and I didn't enjoy it as much.I was very sad to see the departure of Dingle Dell, that was a fantastic corner but I fear that the safety nazis had their way (why? never appeared that dangerous to me, and there was enough run-off) and it was sacrificed to make way for Sheene curve; a bland 90degree right-hander >:( . Paddock Hill is breath-taking (go steady on the throttle on the way out, especially if you have cold tyres), Druids is fun and Surtees (left-hander where the GP leaves the Indy circuit) is very grippy and the crest exiting it is good for 2nd gear wheelies - clutchless upshift into 3rd and let it rev out before dropping the wheel [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
When are you there? I'm doing 2 days on the Indy circuit for Levels I & II of California Superbike School next week - can't wait 8-)

Richzx10r
08-05-10, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info there Scotty.Nothing booked yet,was looking at the 19th of may.But dependant on the weather,if not,no limits are also doing a few days in june/july.
How strict are they on db?Have akrapovics on but no baffles.Silverstone said there were strict but never saw them test any bikes and there were some seriously load bikes there.

Scotty
08-05-10, 01:43 PM
All MSV circuits noise test with a limit of 105dB I believe. A regular race pipe shouldn't have any problems.

Mark_Able
08-05-10, 09:04 PM
Get ready for your chin hitting the tank at the bottom of Paddock... :o

Toph
08-05-10, 10:26 PM
good job Bruce Forsyth dont go on trackdays then Mark!!!! ;D

Mark_Able
10-05-10, 09:17 PM
good job Bruce Forsyth dont go on trackdays then Mark!!!! ;D

I tell you mate, you are totally unprepared for how violently the track goes from downhill to uphill at the bottom of Paddock Hill. It took me four laps before I had the foresight to prepare meself. Chin hit the tank three laps in a row. Lipton will vouch for it, cos he did the same thing... ::)

Richzx10r
13-05-10, 07:44 PM
Absolutely brilliant circuit, equal 2nd fave with Anglesey (Cadwell's first). It's the most expensive in the country but for your money you get a top track and free garages and power.
I don't recall any particularly off-camber corners, except Westfield maybe - on my first couple of visits there I really loved that corner and yes it was slightly off-camber but very fast and grippy and you could get a great drift across the track from the inside - last time I went (2 years ago) a big bump had appeared on the entry and I didn't enjoy it as much.I was very sad to see the departure of Dingle Dell, that was a fantastic corner but I fear that the safety nazis had their way (why? never appeared that dangerous to me, and there was enough run-off) and it was sacrificed to make way for Sheene curve; a bland 90degree right-hander >:( . Paddock Hill is breath-taking (go steady on the throttle on the way out, especially if you have cold tyres), Druids is fun and Surtees (left-hander where the GP leaves the Indy circuit) is very grippy and the crest exiting it is good for 2nd gear wheelies - clutchless upshift into 3rd and let it rev out before dropping the wheel [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
When are you there? I'm doing 2 days on the Indy circuit for Levels I & II of California Superbike School next week - can't wait 8-)

Just booked up for next monday.Cant wait.Thanks for the info everyone.Ill be sure to keep my chin up to prevent bashing it on the tank.

bobf279
13-05-10, 09:03 PM
bet that hurt :D

Mark_Able
13-05-10, 09:33 PM
bet that hurt :D

Drains the blood from your head... :D

jimmer
16-05-10, 09:35 AM
Be careful on the gas coming out off clearways,bit off camber,lipton dug his peg in there and visted the gravel trap :o

Morticia
16-05-10, 04:22 PM
Is it tomorrow you're going? Let me know how you like it, and take lots of pics, wonder if the smile would fit the helmet!??

Richzx10r
16-05-10, 04:40 PM
Yes is tomorrow I go.Will have pics hopefully by track photographer.

bobf279
16-05-10, 05:00 PM
have fun and enjoy