PDA

View Full Version : Problem i need help with Throttle bodies

silly_simon
06-06-10, 09:31 PM
I balanced my throttle bodies earlier and all went well apert from the fact that now i cannot lower the idle speed to what it needs to be :'(

It will go so far then it wont go down any further no matter how much the screw is turned, or even until the screw comes out alltogether :(

Any advice or help muchly appreciated as I dont really want to use the bike until i know its ok and i haven't f*****ed sommat up altogether

Thanks in advance
Simon

jonnydangerous
07-06-10, 08:30 AM
ummm....id start again if i was you......
or adjust some slack into the throttle cable. :-)

silly_simon
07-06-10, 05:17 PM
Can't see i have done anything wrong mate as I've followed the Official Yamaha service manual and this was the end result :(

I don't really want to mess with it anymore as I'm not all that brilliant with things like that.

Give me a part to replace and i'm fine but things like this just annoy the hell out of me when as far as i can tell i've done nowt wrong >:(

pilninggas
07-06-10, 10:19 PM
could be that you have erroneously opened one butterfly up enough that the idle is being held 'up'. Take off the airbox and check that all the butterflies are closed 'equally'. Usually it shows on vacuum readings, but it can occasionally happen.

Also check that the linkages that adjust/join the butterflies together do not have anything catching or jamming.

good luck

silly_simon
09-06-10, 09:36 PM
Now sorted [smiley=thumbsup.gif]