PDA

View Full Version : TYRE PUNCTURE

Nico_babe
17-06-10, 10:45 AM
Ok, so this morning i go out to my garage to get the bike for work and guess what !! A damn screw in the centre of my back tyre and of course tyre is flat. So OH has got a plug kit but im not to sure what to do now. Does anyone know somewhere that does Bridgestone BT 014 180/55 7R17' s with fitting for a reasonable rate that can fit me in without booking in advance?
Any help is greatly appreciated. The closer to home the better really and im in Newbury RG20. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
17-06-10, 10:53 AM
Can't help you with Newbury I'm afraid, but I had a nail right in the middle of my back tyre.
I had it repaired for £40 instead of buying a new tyre, so your's may be repairable if it's in the center and within the limits for repair.

If your OH is capable of taking the wheel off the bike (and obviously putting it back on again) then you will have a lot more options for repairs if you can take a loose wheel in (assuming you have a car to transport it).
There are a lot of standard car tyre places that will deal with loose wheels but don't have the skills/tools/time to take them on and off bikes.

Nokesy
17-06-10, 10:57 AM
Ok, so this morning i go out to my garage to get the bike for work and guess what !! A damn screw in the centre of my back tyre and of course tyre is flat. So OH has got a plug kit but im not to sure what to do now. Does anyone know somewhere that does Bridgestone BT 014 180/55 7R17' s with fitting for a reasonable rate that can fit me in without booking in advance?
Any help is greatly appreciated. The closer to home the better really and im in Newbury RG20. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Can't help you Nicky - but what a bummer! :(

BB
17-06-10, 02:04 PM
Bad luck Nicky, :'(

BB

FJ_Biker
17-06-10, 07:22 PM
Hopefully AlanTDM will log on and read this post, he can fix punctures with an ear plug.

You could take your wheel out and take it to biketreads in Swindon (You do not have to book in) or try the local tyre dealers and see if they will come out and plug it so you can get to a bike tyre place

Good luck

Nico_babe
17-06-10, 10:35 PM
All fixed. Thanks everyone. Got the bike to GW and had a new tyre fitted. £144 squids later but what can we do hey :(

freddieb
17-06-10, 10:50 PM
If you go to any car garage/repair place that sell tyres, there guna be cheaper than going to a bike dealer babe. Just get the bike dealer to fit it. Ducatista has the right idea.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
18-06-10, 03:19 PM
£144 for an 014 fitted. You have been seriously mugged off. You could have got a decent tyre on there for that price

Nico_babe
18-06-10, 03:20 PM
Oh well desperate times call for desperate measures LOL

slowr1der
18-06-10, 03:32 PM
BT016 at the very least next time please

HensonA
18-06-10, 04:29 PM
£144 for an 014 fitted. You have been seriously mugged off. You could have got a decent tyre on there for that price

...just what Nicky wants to hear I'm sure !!!!!

Nico_babe
18-06-10, 04:33 PM

...just what Nicky wants to hear I'm sure !!!!!

precisely LOL LOL

nicko@able
19-06-10, 07:22 PM
you will now suffer from"puncture paranoia".Every time you pull away in about 15m you will be thinking,"Does that fell right?",a couple of times you might stop and give it a squeeze,or a kick,all will feel right so will continue your ride.Every morning you will be thinking"OH Shi*,I`ts gone down again"out will come trusty pressure gage,and all will be well.This will continue for about a month,but will taper off after about 2 weeks.Do not be alarmed,this is normal behaviour,its just called"Puncture Paranoia". ;D

BB
22-06-10, 11:30 AM
you will now suffer from"puncture paranoia".Every time you pull away in about 15m you will be thinking,"Does that fell right?",a couple of times you might stop and give it a squeeze,or a kick,all will feel right so will continue your ride.Every morning you will be thinking"OH Shi*,I`ts gone down again"out will come trusty pressure gage,and all will be well.This will continue for about a month,but will taper off after about 2 weeks.Do not be alarmed,this is normal behaviour,its just called"Puncture Paranoia". ;D

Exactly so! :D

BB

Nico_babe
22-06-10, 11:39 AM
Already find myself tyre kicking everytime i pull the bike out the garage LOL LOL LOL

Ducatista
22-06-10, 11:41 AM
I got these "safety pressure indicator" (scroll down to the bottom).

http://www.fastbikebits.com/acatalog/Tyre_Accessories.html

Makes it very easy to see if you've got an issue when you haven't got a pressure guage (or a man) handy. ;)

alanTDM
22-06-10, 06:48 PM
Hopefully AlanTDM will log on and read this post, he can fix punctures with an ear plug

Yea and it worked just to get me to the dealer with help of super glue etc.mind you didnt go over 20mph down the country lanes.
Iv given up on rear ZR rated tyres to many friggin wrecked tyres. >:( last one only done 4 K miles and got sliced by a piece of metal none repairable had at least another 3k miles left on it.
Got a Distanzia fitted to the rear now :) got about 10mm of tread depth when new so hopefully last about 10k miles +and i cant find any difference in grip wet or dry using this tyre either,matches the ST Storm ok aswell no weird effects, least the front lasts about 20k miles ;D