PDA

View Full Version : Blade cutting out!

Moo
22-06-10, 05:43 PM
Hi

My 2000 Fireblade has developed a usefull habit of cutting out when stopping at junctions, not only is it annoying but its also potentially dangerous!!

Does anyone have any clues as to what might be the cause?

Martin

Steve_H...
22-06-10, 06:26 PM
Old age ;D Sorry that doesn't help does it ? :-X

BB
22-06-10, 07:39 PM

You gotta know if you post on here you get 'helpful' replies as well as 'useful' ones.... :D

BB

Moo
22-06-10, 08:15 PM

Not sure if you are referring to me or the bike :D

Steve_H...
22-06-10, 08:25 PM
Lol... The bike, you do know they age the same as dogs don't you.

Think that has to mean the bike is a little older ;D

jonnydangerous
23-06-10, 09:00 AM
carbs might need a balance, or a clean (carbed model on 2000?) or throttle body balance???.......

Davey
23-06-10, 09:30 AM
Could be the tick over being too low, or as Gaydee says needs balancing. Could be crap in the system is it mainly used for short journeys as mine used to bog down occasionally and needs a good run.

Or maybe the wafflevalve needs replacing :)

R1chie
23-06-10, 10:15 AM
Cutting out when clutch pulled in or not?

jonnydangerous
23-06-10, 10:49 AM
worn out "wobbly-joint"???... ooooh thats gonna cost ya'....!

Maverick
23-06-10, 12:32 PM
Does it cut out when you pull the clutch in? and what gear are you in?

I would be guessing at this stage but if you are in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in it's probably your timing - I am guessing that it starts first time after it's stalled? when were the plugs last changed and the timing belt? they would be my first bet.

Also when its ticking over what rpm are you getting?

Lets sort it!

jonnydangerous
23-06-10, 12:38 PM
timing belt is only used on Rotax and ducati tractors.... ;-)
timing isnt adjustable unless you have a PC3R with the ability to change the timing......

Jon_W
23-06-10, 02:29 PM
One of several things.

Could be fouling on the plugs, stale fuel or dicky carbs if you haven't used it for a bit. Give it a good run and it'll clear.

Coud be a sticking choke. Either butterflies or cable. Lastly it could be a vac leak fron either the carbs or the inlet rubbers.

Moo
24-06-10, 10:21 AM
Does it cut out when you pull the clutch in? and what gear are you in?

I would be guessing at this stage but if you are in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in it's probably your timing - I am guessing that it starts first time after it's stalled? when were the plugs last changed and the timing belt? they would be my first bet.

Also when its ticking over what rpm are you getting?

Lets sort it!

Sounds almost exactly the symptoms to me. I will check the tickover next time I get the bike out cos I'm off to Glastonbury for the weekend :-)