PDA

View Full Version : Extra Inches

Beamer
13-07-10, 04:23 PM
Due to the fact I am vertically challenged I am looking to get a couple of inches taken off my seat so my feet are better positioned on the floor when stopping and I gain that all important couple of extra inches of comfort.......
Does anyone know where/who can do this??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Davey
13-07-10, 04:46 PM
Cobra leathers in Swindon - she has done some great work on customers seats for me.

rich1988
13-07-10, 07:59 PM
you can also get boots which have raised insoles which give you an extra inch (important to some people) only available for women as far as I can see as i wanted a pair myself

Mark_Able
13-07-10, 08:18 PM
Tina, if you eat a lot more pies, you won't need to adjust the seat height or get a lowering kit. Alternatively, let some air out your tyres... [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
13-07-10, 08:24 PM
you can also get boots which have raised insoles which give you an extra inch (important to some people) only available for women as far as I can see as i wanted a pair myself

You can get insoles as well for boots to make you taller, but they do make boots and shoes for men [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't own a pair btw, I've given up caring about my height :(

Morticia
13-07-10, 08:34 PM
Tina, I've had all my bikes lowered, you thought of that? The sv was a pain in the back, cos it was so high, had it lowered (by Super Steve) and never looked back. People will tell you it affects handling, but I think only racers would. All I noticed was a much easier ride [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

rich1988
13-07-10, 08:53 PM
You can get insoles as well for boots to make you taller, but they do make boots and shoes for men [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't own a pair btw, I've given up caring about my height :(

know anywhere that does em? had my boots a couple of years now and could do with a new pair soon 5' 7" here but i ride a zx7r which is by far the widest and tallest bike i have sat on, why i bought one I dont know! :P good fun to ride though

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:23 PM
The only place, outside America, that I've seen the insoles is in one of those mags you throw away from your Sunday newspapers. although I think you can get them specially made from the Cotswold Outdoor Centre near South Cerney. They're pricey but they take a mould of your feet and scan your walk before making you a set of insoles to suit you. I think mine cost me about £130 but my stance has improved and I can now tab for miles with a full bergan on my back unlike some of the wimps I work with ;D

I'm only about 5'6" myself and I know I'll have problems when I get my new ride so I'm keeping my eye out in the States next month for some boots for the shorter rider.

Another option is to get your bike lowered, you can buy kits from many places [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
13-07-10, 09:26 PM
Every inch counts ladies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:28 PM
There's always one ;D

rich1988
13-07-10, 09:33 PM
and there was me thinking this wouldnt get smutty :P

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:35 PM

With the title 'Extra Inches'????

This was destined for smut ;D

Jacde
13-07-10, 09:41 PM
Only you boys are getting smutty, us girls know Nico_babe was talking about leg lenght! ::)

Honda_Star
13-07-10, 09:42 PM
I have Daytona Ladystars Boots which help a huge amount. I wouldnt be able to ride my bike without them! They arent cheap sadly - but you can usually find some on ebay at some point...

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:43 PM
Only you boys are getting smutty, us girls know Nico_babe was talking about leg lenght! ::)

Yeah right ;)

Even I wasn't born yesterday ;D

Beamer
13-07-10, 09:49 PM

With the title 'Extra Inches'????

This was destined for smut ;D

HE HE HE HE HE.......me smutty??? :o cor blimey....never.....Im sweet, innocent and ummmmmm pure??? ;) ;) ;) ;)

I just need an extra inch or two to reach the floor properly lmao

;D ;D ;D

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:52 PM
What size feet are you??

I've got some Heine Gerricke boots that have a 2/3 inch sole which may be of some use but they're up my parents and I'm not heading that far north until my UK drivers licence arrives and I don't mind grabbing them then [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
13-07-10, 09:52 PM
Tina, if you eat a lot more pies, you won't need to adjust the seat height or get a lowering kit. Alternatively, let some air out your tyres... [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

LMAO.....never thought about it that way......Ive been on a diet since I bought the bike with the idea that every pound i lost meant i could go 1mph faster lmao....never realised every pound i lost lifted me a centimetre off the floor......Ive lost a stone n a half!!!!!..... no wonder !!! lol.....thanks Mark ha ha ha ha

;D ;D ;D

Beamer
13-07-10, 09:54 PM
What size feet are you??

I've got some Heine Gerricke boots that have a 2/3 inch sole which may be of some use but they're up my parents and I'm not heading that far north until my UK drivers licence arrives and I don't mind grabbing them then [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Im a four or a five (with big fluffy socks on) lol.......only got little feet too lmao .......thank you tho Emlyn [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

:) :)

CBRowner
13-07-10, 10:00 PM
What size feet are you??

Im a four or a five (with big fluffy socks on) lol.......only got little feet too lmao .......thank you tho Emlyn [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

:) :)

You're in luck then, these are a 5.

I'll get them when I head North and pop them down to the BH for you to check out.

They're not imaculate because they've been travelled the world in a box but I think they're suitable for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
13-07-10, 10:08 PM
can't you screw some wooden blocks to the soles of your boots Tina? ;D ;D

CBRowner
13-07-10, 10:09 PM
I've seen some goths with boots that may suit your needs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
13-07-10, 10:17 PM
Fab idea Emlyn, like these?
http://gothstore.piratemerch.com/images/Swing-815-BPU.jpg

Nico_babe
13-07-10, 10:23 PM
I reckon us girls should just put on our heels and ride in them :)

Im sure the guys would have no objection [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
13-07-10, 10:23 PM
Fab idea Emlyn, like these?
gothstore.piratemerch.com/.../Swing-815-BPU.jpg

Possibly, but I can only see a box with an 'X' in it cos I'm at work :(

CBRowner
13-07-10, 10:31 PM
I reckon us girls should just put on our heels and ride in them :)

Im sure the guys would have no objection [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Great, a sore arse as well as sore feet, that's all us men need to hear on rides ;D

Nico_babe
13-07-10, 10:33 PM
Haaaaaa hhahahahahh too true [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
14-07-10, 08:11 AM
Cheap option if you can.

Unpick the seat cover from the base and using a breadknife or similar, remove the required padding from the seat. Then re-attach the cover.

The best option other than that is a lowering kit.

Kevinb
14-07-10, 08:47 AM
Try GM Stevens he has a book of companies that do everything from chromimg to seats. If you can try bringing the fronk forks up through the yoke by an inch to see if that makes a difference.
If not sell it and get the custom version of the YBR (much lower)

Morticia
14-07-10, 01:02 PM
Every inch counts ladies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You bet they do!

Morticia
14-07-10, 01:03 PM
There's always one ;D

Make that 2. The only reason I read the post was cos I wondered what inches were going to be mentioned.

Roxy
14-07-10, 04:40 PM
I think getting the bike lowered is your best bet chick. that way feet are firmly on the ground [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

roxy

KP
15-07-10, 09:38 PM
my lips are sealed on this thread, im just surprised i have not been bloody mentioned yet :o :o :o :o

Roxy
16-07-10, 09:21 AM
my lips are sealed on this thread, im just surprised i have not been bloody mentioned yet :o :o :o :o

easy tiger!!!!! grrrrrr

pmsl Kev, peas and carrots mate...peas and carrots! :-*

CBRowner
17-07-10, 01:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone would say something ;D

The title seems to have sent peoples dirty minds into overdrive ;D

Beamer
17-07-10, 04:49 PM
cant think why Emlyn !!! ;D ;D

Toph
17-07-10, 08:42 PM
I've gone metric.... I measure in centimetres, sounds much more impressive!!! 8-) :D ;) ;D

CBRowner
18-07-10, 05:51 PM
I've gone metric.... I measure in centimetres, sounds much more impressive!!! 8-) :D ;) ;D

I still use inches and feet ;)