PDA

View Full Version : Photo too big

redken1
14-08-10, 05:57 PM
Trying to upload a photo I took today but it keeps getting rejected for being too large. Can anyone offer me advise on how to down size it.

Cheers Ken

Mark_Able
14-08-10, 08:28 PM
Right click on the picture, 'Open with...' 'Paint', go to 'Image' on the tool bar, click on 'Stretch/Skew', then reduce accordingly. I normally take my pictures down to 20% and that does it. Click on 'File', then 'Save as...'. Job done. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
14-08-10, 08:57 PM
Right click on the picture, 'Open with...' 'Paint', go to 'Image' on the tool bar, click on 'Stretch/Skew', then reduce accordingly. I normally take my pictures down to 20% and that does it. Click on 'File', then 'Save as...'. Job done. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thanks again Mark - it worked posted my pic on general bike chat.

KP
15-08-10, 09:47 PM

i lost that after the "right click" god im thick when it comes to pc`s, this is why i have sonic the chuffing hedgehog as my pic :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Dabz
16-08-10, 06:46 PM
for kev, the instructions are "right-click the image, realise you don't know what to do, text Dabz" :P

SupeRDel
16-08-10, 07:06 PM
You can download a little programe called PicSizer byAxiomx.

You can take a whole folder of huge pictures and reduce all them in minutes.

You select the source folder and then create a new folder to send them too.

I also use this site for single pix.... http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

One tip - Never reduce or crop an original picture - always copy it and play with the copy. There is no going back if you make a mistake.