PDA

View Full Version : Honda CG125 side stand

RachaelEllen
26-07-10, 08:22 PM
I've just bought a 2006 Honda CG125 and being very new to all this bike lark i'm still a bit nervous about it. Honda don't fit a side stand to this model and i'm not very confident about getting off the bike and then putting the centre stand up all in one swift movement, so i would be very keen to fit a side stand. I have read that a CBR side stand would fit but was wondering if anybody new for sure, or new of anywhere to get hold of one that will fit.

Thanks for your help, ever grateful, the novice ;D

Toph
26-07-10, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure about the cbr sidestand but one idea would be to get one off a scrap bike, and modify it to fit the cg. If you can find one ,I would be happy to do the modifications, welding for you at greatly reduced WB rates. A bracket may have to be welded to the bike's frame, and the sidestand may have to be lengthened or shortened to fit your bike. this option should be no problem as I'm a welder . PM me if you need anymore info! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
ps, love the new forumname! 8-)

silly_simon
26-07-10, 09:34 PM
Rachael
Here you go
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/honda-dylan-and-cg-125-side-stand-/250670405394?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&h ash=item3a5d1ed712

Providing your bike has the mounting then it is a simple fit job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
26-07-10, 09:41 PM
That's a very kind offer Toph, thank you, i'll have a closer look at the bike when i go and pick her up to see what fitting i have. Also, thank you Simon, i think that might work but again i need to have a closer look

Beamer
26-07-10, 10:05 PM
wooo hooo congrats on fiding a bike.......great news........a riding partner.......looking good lol xxx

;D ;D ;D

Toph
27-07-10, 07:40 PM
That's a very kind offer Toph, thank you, i'll have a closer look at the bike when i go and pick her up to see what fitting i have. Also, thank you Simon, i think that might work but again i need to have a closer look
If there is no fitting on your bike rachael, It's not a problem as I can easily make one and weld it to your bike frame. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

alanTDM
27-07-10, 08:25 PM
Here's a link http://hondacg125.awardspace.com/accessories.htm#Side%20Stand

RachaelEllen
28-07-10, 10:52 AM
Ah brilliant, it's so handy having such helpful people around! I'm still waiting for the bike :( so i shall let you know what i end up using

Dabz
28-07-10, 04:09 PM
when do you get the bike then? you must be counting down the hours? :P

RachaelEllen
28-07-10, 10:33 PM
I've just picked her up!!! Haven't sorted out insurance yet, so just had a little ride on our driveway then tucked her up for the night, bring on tomorrow! Pictures will be up shortly

Toph
28-07-10, 10:44 PM
did you sing her a lullaby?!!! It's so exciting, getting your first bike, so happy for you Rachael!!!

Lorraine
29-07-10, 12:13 AM
Well done Rachael [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kevinb
29-07-10, 01:15 PM
Great bike with a bullet proof engine.

RachaelEllen
29-07-10, 05:35 PM
Pictures are now up in members gallery :)

Scotty
30-07-10, 05:08 PM
From your photos it looks like you do have a sidestand bracket, just behind the left footpeg :) All you need is a stand, mounting bolt & nut, and the spring - shouldn't cost too much and dead easy to fit [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
01-08-10, 09:18 PM
I've bought the ebay one Silly Simon suggested, I'll let you know how it goes when it arrives!

bobf279
01-08-10, 09:23 PM
Just remember to put it up before you ride off

Toph
01-08-10, 11:03 PM
any probs with fitting Rachael, pm me... we'll get it sorted!!

silly_simon
02-08-10, 08:32 PM
Just mind you're knuckels when putting the spring on as it may be a tad tight :o

Mas1
03-08-10, 04:42 PM
Nice looking bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
06-08-10, 11:23 AM
Side stand all fitted thanks to SBQE2, thanks Simon for the recommendation, it fits well [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. In fact, i've just had a second one mysteriously delivered...do i just send it back?!

Dabz
06-08-10, 11:23 AM
you could keep it for when we find a CG for Hazel :P

silly_simon
06-08-10, 06:01 PM
Side stand all fitted thanks to SBQE2, thanks Simon for the recommendation, it fits well [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. In fact, i've just had a second one mysteriously delivered...do i just send it back?!

You're more than welcome [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Glad it was ok
As for the other one, If you haven't been charged just put it to one side and then flog it to Dabz later on :D :D

RachaelEllen
07-08-10, 07:39 PM
My morals got the better of me and i emailed the guy. He said he'd write me a good review for sending it back..hmm. I'll try and do 'return to sender' but if i have to pay i may have one for sale! ;D

Jon_W
09-08-10, 08:59 AM
Top stuff!!

Glad all is sorted. Now to enjoy the bike..... :D

nicko@able
23-08-10, 08:07 PM
yo Rachael,pop on over to the training ground and ill teach you how to use the center stand,my mate Saskia has got a GSX14,SHE`S ABOUT 5`6" And pops it on the center stand all the time.Its not about being strong,its about how you move your weight,Nicko [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
23-08-10, 08:19 PM
Nicko, how dare you! I know how to put it on the centre stand haha i'm just lazy and prefer the side stand, also i'm ultra worried about dropping Bluebird for the first time..yes that's her name! You should see me now, i've ben to weston super mare and down to poole! Off to the isle of Wight in September too. All down to excellent training from yourself [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

nicko@able
27-08-10, 08:09 PM
ahhh,I dare LOTS of things,sometimes i even get away with it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]