PDA

View Full Version : Bike servicing in the Salisbury area

DaytonaDog
10-08-10, 10:57 PM
Can anybody recommend a reasonable garage to get my Daytona serviced around the Salisbury area. Ideally I'd like to get it done before the camping trip to Cornwall. I got a quote from hayballs in Salisbury and they quoted in excess of 500 pounds. >:( >:( >:( >:(. I think that is rather excessive to say the least and would rather take it somewhere more reasonable.

CBRowner
10-08-10, 11:33 PM
There's a place in Westbury that do very good services and are very reasonable. I know it's a long way to go from where you are but it'll be worth it if you save a few notes [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jj
11-08-10, 06:24 AM
try sjs just round the corner from hayballs always found them very good

Nokesy
12-08-10, 05:18 PM
Also, Bob Missen in Melksham is very good [smiley=thumbsup.gif] You can have a nice ride over, I'll meet you for a cuppa whilst they service it and then a nice ride home again - sorted! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
31-08-10, 01:26 PM
try sjs just round the corner from hayballs always found them very good

DO NOT use SJS , Kaz used to get her Blade serviced there and they charged her a small fortune. She took her Blade to GW's for a big service (bearing in mind 2 and a half years old and 18,000 miles) and they said the brakes hadn't been touched in ages they looked like they'd been left soaking for 7 years and even tho she was getting charged upwards of £600 per service every time the bike was in a very poor state in some areas where you'd think it would be good.

She loved the bike to bits, had serviced at every 4000 mile point and really looked after it as it was her only means of transport having been riding 11 years in all kinds of muck and only just passed her car license last year.

I rode her bike and thought OMG the brakes were spongy compared to the GSXR1000 but it was poor servicing on behalf of SJS and their crap maintenance....

AVOID OF SJS IN SALISBURY!

jonnydangerous
31-08-10, 01:55 PM
hayballs in Salisbury and they quoted in excess of 500 pounds.

Hayballs suck donkey pole.......they always have and they always will..... :o
my mate dropped off a tyre for a puncture repair to the tube, and they fitted a new tyre and charged him £85!!!!....altho they didnt think it was funny when he said "havent got £85, so youll be putting my old tyre back on"......... ;D

DaytonaDog
01-09-10, 11:11 AM
Took it down to Bike Clinic in Gillingham. Two man team, who are very friendly. Charged me £266 pounds including changing a front wheel bearing. Well happy with that.

jonnydangerous
01-09-10, 12:23 PM
reeeeeeeeeeeeeesult! :-)