R1chie
20-03-06, 05:31 PM
Couple at Amesbury

Zx6r C1 in gay champagne colour

ZX6r B1 in evil black

And a few ignorant Pan European twats up near Pewsey :-/

Dabz
20-03-06, 08:20 PM
noticed a lot of people not nodding... :)

zebedee1984
21-03-06, 06:38 PM
I've noticied this lack of nodding recently, I know I go on a bit about this comradery, but that's one of the things that set bikers apart from other road users, you feel a bit like brothers in arms and...stuff... sob, sob.

see... how emotional this makes me...!

saw a few bikes out weekend gone (18th & 19th) and haveto say that the first person to nod to me was a gent on a ZX10R (beautiful machine), problem was I was peeing at the side of the road at the time, so wasa little ore concerned with keeping the little dude facing down wind so as not to spray myself.

sorry too much detail

BB
21-03-06, 08:19 PM
I've noticied this lack of nodding recently, I know I go on a bit about this camaraderie, but that's one of the things that set bikers apart from other road users, you feel a bit like brothers in arms and...stuff... sob, sob.

see... how emotional this makes me...!

And you are how old? I thought it was just us old fogies that went on about the 'good old days' ;D

I still nod to everyone I see - regardless! Even kids on scoots - although thats often by accident!! :P

zebedee1984
21-03-06, 10:12 PM
the way I look at the kids on the scooters is that I was there once and really wanted to be associated with the guys & girls riding the bigger bikes so I was always chuffed when they used to nod to me, so I alays give them a lirttle nod myself.

it does seem funny when you say about the good old days, but isn't it sad that they weren't that long ago!

BB
22-03-06, 12:55 AM
Those were the days, when I was a kid my Dad could fill up the van for the week and still have change for 10 fags from a quid...
No. no, don't let's start the whole Monty Python cardboard box in the road sketch!! ;D ;D

You are right about the scoots, they are the biking future - if some of them live that long!! ;)

A lot of them look so astounded when a 'big bike' rider nods to them. 8-)

RE03
22-03-06, 09:12 AM
noticed a lot of people not nodding... :)

Yip... very true :'(

I jus nod and don't bother lookin to see if they do it back now! ::)

If they can't see me :o they shouldn't be riding, if theyre impolite... that's their problem- its not my fault I'm friendly and they're not! ;D ;D

Dutch
22-03-06, 12:15 PM
I always nod to people, I remember the first time someone nodded to me and talking to my girlfriend about it when i got home.
It is one of those things that sets us apart to other road users and it would be a shame for people not keep up the tradition.
Must admit that i dont normally nod to scooters unless i cant tell because of the speed i am travelling at. I dont not nod because i am arrogant but more for the fact that they go mad on the little 50's afterwards and i wouldnt want anything to happen to them because they are showing off or something similar.
Going around town on the bike and coming across a scooter is bad enough as they are constantly trying to race you so you end up putting your foot down (should be twisting the throttle) and leaving them behind and breaking a few rules yourself.
Am i rotten or is this the truth for other bikers too??

Dabz
22-03-06, 02:14 PM
hehe I don't nod at scooters too...usually only at 125s if they don't have L plates :P

BB
22-03-06, 04:52 PM
Going around town on the bike and coming across a scooter is bad enough as they are constantly trying to race you so you end up putting your foot down (should be twisting the throttle) and leaving them behind and breaking a few rules yourself.

If they nod & behave I acknowledge & have been known to even smile. If they are being a**holes, I kinda try & ignore them, like they are dust beneath my wheels and not worthy of notice and just ride normally. 8-) 8-)

zebedee1984
22-03-06, 04:56 PM
harsh dabz very harsh... poor blighters have to start somewhere.

I remember my first 50cc Gilera DNA cracking little bike and taught me the rules of the road (i.e. I was on the bottom of the ladder and had some serious work to do).

but saying that, some of the scooterer...erers (???) do ride like nutters and whats with the whole one handed riding thing, it was cool when I was 5 on my push bike, but on a scooter!

(ignoring going one-handed for comfort (relieving the back) reasons).

Dabz
22-03-06, 05:16 PM
it's the nutters that annoy me most, and the fact that most have done a morning in a playground and are then let loose on the roads

BB
22-03-06, 05:25 PM
Very true. Also most annoying is that it is these idiots that push up all the stats on PTW's when they have an accident and then everyone else's insurance premiums go through the roof! >:(

zebedee1984
22-03-06, 05:48 PM
they do, I'm one of these who has insurance, just because it's a legal requirement.

I have had two accidents and haven't claimed becuase the eventual cost is likely to be more, once you've paid the excess etc.

Although I don't help myself sometimes, becuase I did get a temporary ban last year for speeding!

BB
22-03-06, 06:15 PM
Easy enough to pick up a speeding fine/ban. I was happy to be clocked at 80 in a 60 last year and just get a few points - could have been much worse a few minutes earlier! :o Sigh, it did mean the end of a clean licence after far more years than I care to mention tho! :-[

zebedee1984
22-03-06, 06:29 PM
I was being stupid and I readily admit it, well over a ton on the way back from Swindon to Bournemouth on the M27.

When I say I was being stupid, I'm not referring to the speed, just that I was... on the motorway!!!

Should have known that by now shouldn't I!

No the really good thing is, I've got to the stage where it is the style I ride rather than the balls out speed, so motorway miles are only done as a necessity because they are boring and don't do tyres any good.

I'd rather have some country twisties any day

BB
22-03-06, 06:41 PM
Motorways are soooo boring :( but sometimes esential :(

zebedee1984
22-03-06, 06:49 PM
that's it, on this day it was essential as I was heading back to work and was late due to a puncture/lay-in so I was in a hurry so as not to annoy my employer, turns out the plod have a bigger sting than the employer... ouch!!!

only ended up with 14-day ban (not bad for 127mph) but a hefty £625 fine

BB
22-03-06, 06:56 PM
You seem to get either a hafty fine & short ban of the opposite. Depends how they are feeling on the day and how much you plead hardship I suppose.

Sharpens up your observations skills tho' boy do you start looking for them! :)

zebedee1984
22-03-06, 07:03 PM
absolutely, I can't ride fast anywhere there's bridges, because I am assuming they are there, which I suppose is the intention, bit that means they won damn it.

or should it be "Good game, good game"

Nah... cost me far too much to be a game... this, is war!

BB
22-03-06, 07:06 PM
It must always be a game. 8-) Life is too precious to fight - you must enjoy 8-)

Anyway, it always winds people up if you don't get wound up!! :-?

zebedee1984
22-03-06, 07:20 PM
wow, your right, that wound me up just thinking about not getting wound up... oh, I'm so confused now!

BB
22-03-06, 07:30 PM
I can do that to people! :-*

zebedee1984
23-03-06, 11:34 AM
out of interest, what do you do as your normal jobs?

because another thing with bikers, is the usual social status bought around by the type of jobs we do is discarded, because we all have the common ground of our love for two wheels.

Dabz
23-03-06, 12:31 PM
there's a jobs thread in general chat asking just that ;)

BB
23-03-06, 02:08 PM
Yes, I'm already on there. I look after that orange glow over Wiltshire - Street lighting. I try to keep key routes lit - home to pub - pub to cashpoint - cashpoint to pub - pub to home... ;D ;D

Dutch
23-03-06, 02:10 PM
Good on you!! i have put my boring job on there too.
Always wondered who looked after us when steaming drunk and not knowing where the hell we are going. You light the way!!!

BB
23-03-06, 02:13 PM
Yes, its good to know I light up peoples lives for them!

zebedee1984
24-03-06, 02:24 PM
apologies for my ignorance on the questioning front, I will continue this on that section.

Shouldn't it be Pub - Cashpoint back to Pub - public lavatory for the lighting

blurbiker247
24-03-06, 10:47 PM
Yes I agree with all thats been said, we gotta nod, lets face it we don't have many friends out there, .........who loves a biker sept another biker!!!

BB
24-03-06, 11:45 PM
Yes I agree with all thats been said, we gotta nod, lets face it we don't have many friends out there, .........who loves a biker sept another biker!!!

Somebody loves me!! ;D ;D

RE03
25-03-06, 07:09 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaah.............. :D

BB
25-03-06, 09:22 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaah.............. :D

You're just jealous! :)

RE03
26-03-06, 09:20 AM
...am not.... :-[ ;D ;)

BB
26-03-06, 09:37 AM
;D ;D

R1chie
26-03-06, 10:25 AM
Couple at Amesbury

ZX6r B1 in evil black

so i take it these aren't any of you lot then ::)

BB
26-03-06, 02:32 PM
Couple at Amesbury

ZX6r B1 in evil black

My feet wouldn't touch the ground!! Anyway, my cars' blue! lol

RE03
26-03-06, 06:44 PM
And a few ignorant Pan European twats up near Pewsey

Oh puh-leeeese !!!::) ::) ;D

R1chie
27-03-06, 05:18 PM
And a few ignorant Pan European twats up near Pewsey

Oh puh-leeeese !!!::) ::) ;D

i think i gathered that a loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg time ago Rob :-?

zebedee1984
01-04-06, 12:25 PM

This... is the sad truth. The way that's written made me want to do a shout out to all the bikers. bravo my friend (sob sob) bravo!