04-01-09, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know why he’s gone AWOL ?

BB
04-01-09, 10:12 PM
He was having PC problems, I believe

BB

6T
04-01-09, 10:37 PM
Amante is alive and kicking ;D i was around his place saturday working on the trike,as BB says he has a problem with his computer/phone line at the moment,does make it a little quiet on here ;D ;D

FJ_Biker
04-01-09, 11:34 PM
If he needs help with his PC let me know and I will do my best to help (its my trade)

jack930
05-01-09, 12:50 AM
Oww u now how to fix laptops ?? ::)

Kevinb
05-01-09, 09:33 AM
Would that be a keyboard problem?

igbell
05-01-09, 01:35 PM
Oh god dont say I will have to rebuild Amante's notebook yet AGAIN...... told him to stop the little one playing with it last time.

Yes Jack930 I do know how to fix them (if they are fixable).

Kev its a Biological Interface Error, or a BCAK error (Between Chair and Keyboard). ;D ;D ;D :D ;)

jack930
05-01-09, 01:52 PM
Great, got a hardwear prob, the power socket in the laptop dont work ,its been back to the shop 5 times and had the same amount of new AC adaptors ,but now its not even getting a charge ,so at the mo its flat and im unable to get anything off it :-[

Would this be fixable (depending on cost ! )

As im fed up of sending it away to try and get fix'd , and every time it turns into a 8-10 week turn around . :-/

Or could i argue the point,with the shop for a new laptop ??

6T
05-01-09, 02:40 PM
If he needs help with his PC let me know and I will do my best to help (its my trade)
thats good of you FJ [smiley=thumbsup.gif] i will let Amante know although i think it is where he has changed server ie connection issues

FJ_Biker
05-01-09, 04:59 PM
jack930 wrote

Great, got a hardwear prob, the power socket in the laptop dont work ,its been back to the shop 5 times and had the same amount of new AC adaptors ,but now its not even getting a charge ,so at the mo its flat and im unable to get anything off it

Has the power connector at the back of the laptop physically Broke?

igbell
05-01-09, 09:05 PM
Is it a power point that is on the MOBO?? if so this is norm a complete MOBO replacement hence why it has taken the shop a while to turn it around, as they have to get your unit in and then read the MOBO for the right part number and then get it in, where I work to get the right MOBO from HP takes at least 1-2 weeks and then it is finding time to do it.

What make model notebook is it??
Do you have a light on the PSU block like some notebooks do?? If so is this on, have you tried it with another PSU to see if it is the PSU and not the notebook that is at fault??

Kevinb
06-01-09, 01:59 PM
Jack

How old is the laptop?
Is it still under warranty?
Did you take out any extra cover?
If it is too old, it may be uneconomic to fix it and you may have to hit the sales. If you need the info off it you could always get an external case for the hard drive (cheap off the internet) and transfer onto another laptop/PC or just another laptop and put your hard drive in it (you will need to source any drivers required)

Cheers

Kev

jack930
06-01-09, 07:10 PM
Took out extra cover on it,
had it 2 years
and had 4-5 new psu's all work ok,
had one sent from the same company as the laptop ,, Acer

i think its the power point pin in the laptop or sumthing in that area,
So its looking like a new MOBO,,

I will ask them again when i ring them what they will do about it ,
Sad thing is my daughter has a years worth of course work on it ,and we was unable to save it ,due to no power

so if its a new MOBO it could all be lost ?? will ask if it can be saved by them ??

good thing, we got her a new laptop for crimbo ,so this one is for my wife,so the waiting for it to be fixd aint a major prob ,

Amante_271
06-01-09, 07:25 PM
Fear not boys and girls IM ALIVE!!!!!

My problem is with my land line NOT the PC, but thanks for the offer of help FJ< NO COMMENT Iggy! >:(

Thank GOD for Miccy D's doing free wi-fi access!

Hope to be back up and running soon as I can get a new phone line/broadband package. I tried Virgin today but they cant do it.... wrong sort of telephone exchange!! i will be at the sally on Thursday as usual!!

Love n cuddles to all the girls, Hearty slap on the back to the chaps!!

Andrew

igbell
07-01-09, 11:08 AM
Cool to hear from you Amante....
Would make any comments?? ;D ;D

FJ_Biker
07-01-09, 01:40 PM
Thank GOD for Miccy D's doing free wi-fi access!

Instead of Macdonald’s why no use the pub for free Internet?

igbell
07-01-09, 02:18 PM
Theres where he was but he put Macdoogles as his misses might see the posting and he didnt want to tell her where he was.... ;D ;D ;)

BB
07-01-09, 08:35 PM
It is quite on here without him tho'... ;D

BB

Kevinb
08-01-09, 09:51 AM
BB
Quiet or do you mean peaceful ;D

igbell
08-01-09, 10:16 AM
The latter I think ;D ;D ;D but dont tell him I said so ;)

BB
08-01-09, 07:21 PM
Yr right Kev, peaceful! ;)

BB

Amante_271
08-01-09, 07:51 PM
The latter I think ;D ;D ;D but dont tell him I said so ;)
>:( Thanks MATE!!

BB
08-01-09, 11:36 PM
Was good to see you tonight Amante - get back on here soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

igbell
08-01-09, 11:40 PM
Damn he saw.....
It wasnt me Amante, I put up to it.....Honest ;D ;)