PDA

View Full Version : Are there any smokers out there???

Amante_271
22-08-06, 08:58 AM
::) Ok I know its bad for you but are any of you going to be brave enough to admit to smoking "normal" fags let alone the "Jamacian Old Holborn" variety!!

I must admit, for my sins, I do!!

Icey
22-08-06, 09:00 AM
I used to smoke, but I gave up a fair few years ago.

Uhm, yeah as long as you don't count the party I was at a few weeks ago :-[

Stu
22-08-06, 12:17 PM
Yeah I smoke and have done for too many years etc etc

Would say I would like to give up but I don't want to!

Tommy
22-08-06, 12:47 PM
Yes and i like it! and as a Ducati rider what am i supposed to do when waiting for the relay lorry!

HC8
23-08-06, 01:14 PM
Nope never have done, never will! -- Prob because my mum's smoked all her life. I hate going to her house, coz the smell is everywhere and it makes me sneeze. Can't wait for them to ban smoking in pubs too

Icey
23-08-06, 01:17 PM
Prob because my mum's smoked all her life. I hate going to her house, coz the smell is everywhere and it makes me sneeze. o

I know that feeling - I walk into my mums house and it's horrible - and you walk out again and your clothes STINK!

Blegh!

ChantelleT
23-08-06, 02:46 PM
if your smoking your obviously doing it to fast!!

Hate smoke, work in a bar and have to put up with it all day, even tho the sign clearly states No smoking at the bar some people thing they are the exception to the rule!!

Punture_Pugh
23-08-06, 07:03 PM
Well I'm the worst for moaning about stinky smokers and I'm an ex-smoker of 12 years. With all the money I saved, I bought my first post 1000cc motorbike.

However, I'm a piss-head instead!! ;D

I agree with HC about the pubs next year, it'll be bliss.

You just don't realise how bad you smell of stale smoke until you give up.

Stu
23-08-06, 07:42 PM
Ex smokers are the worst!! ;D They should be banned from pubs too keep going on about the perfect air etc etc....

mike
23-08-06, 08:10 PM
Been smoking since I was 11 unfortunately. Gave it up for 6 months about five years ago. Most miserable depressing 6 months I've ever had! What's the point in a cup of tea without a rollie?

ONFIRE
23-08-06, 10:20 PM
Cancer Sticks - strain on the NHS. :o :o

It's Your Life! :-/

Gave up 15 years ago, should now get discount on my NI :)

mike
23-08-06, 10:42 PM
Strain on the NHS??

The tax on fags keeps the NHS going. If everyone stopped smoking income tax would probably rise quite a lot!

Punture_Pugh
23-08-06, 10:55 PM
Same old excuses from the smokers. Income tax, blah,blah.

Can't wait to wave out the window from a nice clean, smoke-free zone when it's peeing down outside. Hee, hee, hee. ;)

Just come home from the pub. Majority non-smoking, minority smoking (2 people), still smell of smoke.

ONFIRE
23-08-06, 11:02 PM
Strain on the NHS??

The tax on fags keeps the NHS going. If everyone stopped smoking income tax would probably rise quite a lot!

Perhaps there is some hope for those that believe in supporting the nanny state?
http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/

Would not wish this on anyone :'( :'(

mike
23-08-06, 11:45 PM
Gave up 15 years ago, should now get discount on my NI

Why?

mike
23-08-06, 11:50 PM
I agree that smoking is bad news, and don't smoke inside where my kids are. But it could be said it's the 'nanny state' and do-gooders that are behind bans in public places. Saying that, I agree with that to, just because you work in a pub should not mean you have to suffer hours of passive smoking. But the tax on smoking would leave a nett defecit if everyone gave up, even after the costs associated with treating the afflicted were reduced. I'll just get my coat...

evilkeneval
23-08-06, 11:53 PM
never smoked in my life! :)