PDA

View Full Version : New BT internet deal

Rod
21-09-06, 07:04 PM
:) I have just had an e-mail from BT offerring me a new and better internet deal for the same price, without thinking I deleted it as quick as I could because it will ruin a good service. When I changed from dial up to broadband, and again when I changed from broadband to superfast broadband I experience nothing but problems, they just don't know what that are on about. >:( Last time I was 3 days out, because the two help desks were contradicting each other, both giving me wrong info and sending me the wrong routers etc. I expect you have all had the same if you are with BT :(
Thanks for listening.....I feel better now ;D ;D

ONFIRE
21-09-06, 08:29 PM
:) I have just had an e-mail from BT offerring me a new and better internet deal for the same price, without thinking I deleted it as quick as I could because it will ruin a good service. When I changed from dial up to broadband, and again when I changed from broadband to superfast broadband I experience nothing but problems, they just don't know what that are on about. >:( Last time I was 3 days out, because the two help desks were contradicting each other, both giving me wrong info and sending me the wrong routers etc. I expect you have all had the same if you are with BT :(
Thanks for listening.....I feel better now ;D ;D

Rod,

Broadband to superfast broadband , Guess you have paid for Up to 8mb package dependant of your nearest Bt exchange been upgraded?

There are several devices to enable one to establish an ADSL connection to your preferred ISP.
+ There is always user error :-[

If you're still experiencing a problem & need any help, I am more than happy to help PM's please 8-)

Broadband Tip of the day.

8Mb Broadband - Improve Line Speed

The 8Mb broadband service is a lot more sensitive to line conditions and interference on the line. BT have implemented a system called Dynamic Line Management (DLM), which will monitor your line and identify any potential issues.

Recommend that you power down your broadband router/modem at least once a day for 1 to 5 mins, to ensure a clean line speed reading can be taken. n.b more expensive 2+2 routers do this on the fly.

You can try and improve the situation and possibly line speed by following the advise below.

Ensure that your ADSL hardware/telephone cable are not affected by any of the following:

o TV’s

o VCR’s

o TV receiver

o Sky receiver

o Fax machine

o Digital Cordless Telephone/Base Unit

o Alarm system

o Dimmer switches

o Gaming consoles

o Electric fan/heater

o Thermostats

o CB radio aerials

o Thunderstorms

o Electric fences

o Pylons

Try connecting your ADSL hardware directly into the BT Master socket rather than using a extension cable or subsidiary socket.

While still plugged into the BT master socket, unplug all other telephone devices, additional telephones, cordless phones, fax, sky box, etc.

Still plugged into the BT master socket, swap the Microfilter that the ADSL device plugs into for another one (with telephony equipment still unplugged) and retest.

ChantelleT
22-09-06, 01:21 PM
im with BT (the new home hub package thingy) cant fault it at all!! fast as anything and never have a problem with onnection :)

ONFIRE
22-09-06, 03:41 PM
im with BT (the new home hub package thingy) cant fault it at all!! fast as anything and never have a problem with onnection :)

Chanters what is onnection, is that a new way of connecting to ones ISP ;D ;D ;D ;D
;)

ChantelleT
23-09-06, 10:11 AM
Ummmm i dunno??? :-[ Just felt like adding to the conversation. i'l shut up now

Rod
23-09-06, 12:50 PM
After reading your replies Chantelle has the right idea ;)

Thanks OnFire, all is working well, with the 8 meg, I get a connection speed of between 4.1 and 5.2 megs. that is with my old modem which was suppose to be up to 2 meg max. :)

The thing that really Pi***d me off was one guy saying you don't need a new router, my old one would be fine, the next guy saying I do and sent me one, 2 days later the first guy sent me a differnt one :-/
Then I was told up to 10 days line testing before the new 8 meg is activated, this however was not true as I was then told the 10 day line tests start from the day it is activated >:( that was why I could not stay connected for more that 20 seconds. Everyone told a different story, so now it's working ....leave well alone :)