PDA

View Full Version : doco ideas

bazzashazza
10-11-06, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, I know this is cheating... but I have to have a documentary idea/proposal due in this weds and i'm stuck for ideas :'( mega stuck! basically its gotta be current affairs, although it doesn't have to be hardcore current affairs, it's gotta have a regional angle, so in my case north west uk (lancs, manchester, merseyside, south cumbria, isle of man). it's also got to have a character and a clear story and be visually interesting e.g. pictures of bikes racing are more interesting than talking about it.

so... anyone got a gem of an idea that i can borrow? ::) or know anyone in my area with an intersting unique-ish story to tell?

i can get out of making the actual doco but i really want a good unique idea to blag the proposal so i can get good marks rather than doing the same old same old crap about veils and stuff :-?

cheers,
shazza ;)

p.s. i know i'm gonna be terrible doco filmmaker if i can't think of my own ideas, considering that is my ambition *sigh* :-[

Amante_271
11-11-06, 10:24 AM
Why dont you try an artical on how locals respond to you as female biker! How tough it is getting kit, stigma you have to suffer as a woman on a bike, (the usual cliches etc) but put your own presonal twist on it by saying how you are accepted in to a group of fellow bikers in Wiltshire and the differences between the North & South of the country!

I expect thats a load of cr*p but see if you can expand on the idea!

Good luck & let us know how it goes!

Ps You could do a piece on Foo showing how well shes done as a woman rider in a "Male dominated racing world" Just an idea!