PDA

View Full Version : Off to Manchester

Dabz
28-12-06, 09:14 AM
Wish me luck guys, I'm off to brave the sales at the Trafford Centre with Lisa for 3 days :P See you all on Saturday!

bazzashazza
28-12-06, 11:59 AM
but why?? manchesters a nitemare... plus u'll be surrounded by northerners :o (they're not that scary really, just very hard t'understand at times ;))

BB
29-12-06, 12:28 AM
Surely there are closer shopping centre's with Debenhams, Monsoon, Dorothy Perkins, Boots...... ;D ;D

BB

Scott_W
29-12-06, 03:10 PM
We went to the Peak District for a long weekend away last year and went to the Trafford Centre and got all of our Xmas presents then, so I can see why Dabz is heading up there for 3 days. The Peak District is great, so I hope he gets to drive around there.

Karen and I went up there for a day trip this year though to get all of our presents for everybody and we got everything we needed. The prices are considerably cheaper up there, and if you don't have to pay for the petrol (which we don't) then why not head up there and get some bargains! It's only 3 and a bit hours up the road for us and as I'm used to travelling that kind of distance for a 2 hour meeting or so then it's no bother/hassle to me/us. :)

BB
29-12-06, 03:48 PM
Yes, Scott. It is lovely country up there – and I hope Dabz has a chance to see some of it – present severe weather warning for up country permitting!! It isn’t far and as you say, when you (and I) are used to trailing up & down the country for meetings it is no hassle - unless occasionally you enjoy not having to do the trailing.

I know prices vary between locations – they do between here & Bath and that’s less than 12 miles! I was simply joking about shopping centres all having the same shops nowadays and Bazza about the regional accents – which I personally like to hear! :)

BB

Scott_W
29-12-06, 05:34 PM
BB I know what you and Bazza were saying... I was just saying that it's good up there and is well worth a trip! :)

R1chie
29-12-06, 05:41 PM
its grim up north...............it's not for you softy southerners ;)

BB
29-12-06, 06:49 PM
its grim up north...............it's not for you softy southerners ;)

You northerners just want to keep some excellent biking country to yourselves! ;) ;D

BB

Dabz
31-12-06, 11:23 AM
well I'm back! spent quite a lot, but got some bargains :D Didn't get to see any of the countryside up there, but used to go out with a gal from Liverpool so have seen the area plenty of times before! It was packed on Thursday but ok the other 2 days. back home and back to saving my pennies now!